Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Lots of stitching going on....

A couple months ago, I signed up for a new embroidery Block of the Month with Robin, Peggy, Liz, and Carolyn. The pattern is called "Berry Picking Party" by Crabapple Hill. The first kit arrived in all the craziness of summertime, but this week I finally finished up block 1 & 2!



It's much more "girly" and pink (!) than things I usually make, but I'm really pleased with it so far. I'm sure by the time it's finished, I'll have the perfect recipient for such a pretty, feminine quilt. :) I'm ready and waiting for block 3 to arrive!
I also finished block 9 of the Christmas Wish BOM. I'm not sure how I'll set the blocks and finish it off just yet...I don't think the scrappy setting that Gail recommends will work with the fabrics I used. I'm open to ideas! :)

Hope you all are having a wonderful, quilty week!

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful embroidery work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning Michelle! Love the Crabapple Quilt - their patterns are so pretty. You beat me I just started the last of my Gail Pan blocks, three Magic's to do! I'm starting to stress have to get those done!!! Like you I have to figure out how to set each of them. Ok that's it I'm off to stitch - be well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Crabapple Hill things that I have. I am lagging behind in Gail's BOM but I have some of the blocks finished. Typical for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The patterns are beautiful, and your stitches are so fine! I especially love the lemons and strawberries in the pitcher. The fabrics you've chosen are perfect complements to the stitched images. Well done, and I can't wait to see the entire project. It will be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so love this BOM! I am going to beg to borrow the set from one of you after you have stitched it out of your system. :o))Can't you see it in Civil War fabrics and darker embroidery? YUMMMMM

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dang, look at you. You started after me and whooshed right past me!!! I'm better go get busy stitching....show-off!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All right, I want to do some kind of BOM in 2010. If I do it, I'm going to look to you to keep me on track!

    I love the soft colors in the first quilt. It's fun to sometimes use a different color pallette, isn't it? I really like the christmas set, too. Look at your perfect little lazy daisy stitches!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's not so simply to make a good already written essay, preferably if you are intent. I advise you to notice buy essays and to be spare from discredit that your work will be done by paper writing services

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!