Thursday, November 05, 2009

I missed October completely!

Wow...I didn't post even once in October. Where did the month go?

I guess I'll try to sum it all up in a few pictures.

First off....it was my birthday on the 14th! I received a couple of wonderful gift packages from my friends Peggy and Robin.

Robin send me a fun woolfelt candle mat kit and two table top organizers. She also sent a couple fun halloween goodies.


Peggy sent me a patriotic wallhanging kit, Star Spangled quilt book, fabric, thread, a spidey mug, candy, and more!! :)


Also, just look at this beautiful embroidered pillow she made for me! I just absolutely love it! You have to click on the picture to see how beautiful it is!


I demo'd the fabric baskets at my local quilt group. So now I have a few baskets made for gifts this Christmas.


Finally, I made this quilt and gave it to my sister for her birthday. I think she was really happy with it!

My sister and her family came for a visit over halloween weekend. It was lots of fun to visit with everyone, carve pumpkins together and take her kids trick-or-treating!




9 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a busy October...happy belated birthday...you got lots of fun stuff...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you might only post once a month but when you do, you've got some major stuff to report. Look at the haul you got for your birthday. Aren't you special! :o) Looks like you had fun with the kids carving pumpkins. Hey, we have to borrow kids when yours are off at college.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really, really like your sisters quilt. I only have one sister and could be bribed to adopt another......

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh! Aahhh! Your sister's quilt is stunning! Glad you had a happy birthday - and you're right, the embroidered pillow is a real treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, Michelle, no wonder you didn't have time to post all month!
    I absolutely love your fabric baskets, recall seeing them before. I'm going to hunt down that blog post now -- may have to make one (or more ;)! Also, your sister's quilt is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back, Michelle!! So sweet of Robin and Peg to shower you with such fun gifties!! And your sister's quilt is so pretty!! I see another Thimbleberries scrap quilt in my future!! LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Life sometimes gets in the way of living, doesn't it?

    Happy belated birthday....we share the same birthday!!!

    I love your quilt for your sister. Will you be my sister too?????

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your quilt looks wonderful. I'm sure your sister enjoyed it a lot. Love the pumpkins all carved up. It's cute that one is done sideways and one has that funny face on it.
    I sure miss you blogging more often....
    Peg

    ReplyDelete
  9. A great October filled with fun projects!! Happy belated B-day!!! I have missed your blog posts and hope you and yours are well :)

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!