Sunday, November 29, 2009

It's still Thanksgiving weekend...

Just a quick post to wish you a belated Happy Thanksgiving! :) I hope you all had a wonderful and blessed day celebrating with friends and family. I am so thankful that both my kids were able to come home for the holiday weekend. It went by quickly, but we had lots of fun and enjoyed spending time together.

It's a tradition to make these yummy turkey cookies....we've done them for over 10 years now.

The kids have tons of fun making them and they have hardly any sugar at all! :P

I've been getting a little sewing in here and there, not as much as I'd like! I really wanted to try the little tote from this blog. Isn't it just the cutest! Don't you just love Peanut the elephant too??

Last year I gave my mom this quilt for her birthday, so this year for her birthday, I made some matching pillows to go with it.

I have a few other things in the works, but they are secrets because it's almost Christmas time!! I love Christmas and can't wait for the fun and festivities!
Happy Quilting!

8 comments:

  1. Love the turkey cookies, how clever!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are those nutter-butter cookies as the main ingredient? Maybe you can give us more exact directions? They are really cute and my grandkids would love to do them next year. WOW....your son will be home for both Thanksgiving and Christmas? That's great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking along the same lines as Pat. I'd love to make these next year with my grandson. They are so cute!
    Nice that your kids were able to be home for Thanksgiving. I had mine around me too. Dinner was at my daughters. Didn't think to take a picture of us all. Missed that "kodak" moment this time.
    I'm going to that tote bag site :)
    thanks..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute cookies, with a number of my favorite things including Nutter Butters! I know how you feel about kids coming home for the holiday weekend and it going by so fast -- happened here that way too.
    I'm with Barb, off to look at that cute tote bag!

    ReplyDelete
  5. PS: Very cute kids, too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great looking kids, cookies and pillows! That little tote is too cute too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Thanksgiving Michelle, so glad you were blessed with your family at home. I'm following the crowd to the tote bag site - that's a real cutie you made!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The kids look like they are enjoying making the "sugar-free" turkeys...or is it "free-sugar" turkeys!!!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!