Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas Wish BOM

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas with your families! We had a very nice, quiet day, just lounging around at home.


The day after Christmas, I pulled out my Christmas Wish BOM blocks. I kept up with the monthly blocks, but didn't get around to setting them in time for Christmas. I came up with this setting and I'm pretty happy with it. I haven't decided on final borders yet...or maybe I'll just stop here and let the binding fabric finish it off.



One of our favorite Christmas decorations is this pyramid from Germany. We bought it when we were stationed there almost 15 years ago! Wow, time flies. Anyway, Robin wanted to see a picture of it, so I finally took one and also a little video so you could see it in action.

We went a couple of years without being able to set it up because we didn't have candles for it. We bought boxes and boxes of candles before leaving Germany, but eventually ran out. This year, I found an online source for them. The heat draft from the candles make it spin. Isn't it pretty? Sorry about the wacky blue reflection lines....

video

I'm enjoying a day at home sewing today...hopefully I'll have lots of pictures to share by the end of the day! :)

Happy Quilting,
Michelle

6 comments:

  1. I love your Christmas Pyramid. I used to have a small one of those but haven't put it out in YEARS...I think I had the same problem you did with finding the right size candles. I don't think I still have it though since I didn't see it when I pulled all my decorations out this year.
    Your tree is beautiful too!!!
    Peg

    ReplyDelete
  2. the quilt is fantastic, the setting is great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to have one of those pyramids...mine had little metal "paddles" that hit bells when it would spin...made a sweet little chime sound!! The quilt top is looking sooo pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for posting the video Michelle! That pyramid is just SO cool! great job on the quilt setting too and love the tree and Zach pics!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would like to get a pyrimid one of these days. They are mesmerizing to me.
    Like the Christmas quilt & the Thimberries blocks. Looking forward to seeing what you've been sewing. I haven't been up in my sewing room since a few days before Christmas :( Gotta get back to sewing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love the Christmas pyramid!!! My parents were stationed in Germany in the early 1970s (army) and we have a similar item made of metal with little bells that chime. I wonder if my mom still has it. I remember watching it for hours as the candles burned down. Hope you had a fabulous Christmas and New Years with the family!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!