Saturday, February 21, 2009
Monday, February 16, 2009
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
So...off I go to make a gazillion or so more 9patches!! :)
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
Last year, due to a UFO challenge I participated in, by this time I had 5-6 finishes. I'm in the challenge again this year, so now it's time to buckle down and work on those darn UFO's!!
Sunday, February 08, 2009
McCall Winter Carnival
Thursday, February 05, 2009
Next...my first official finish of 2009!! DianeH (no blog) suggested the name "Snack Pack" for the quilt and I love it! We are all going to make labels for these quilts with the title "Fun Friday Snack Pack!" (we try to get together most Fridays to quilt, and all 4 of us made this quilt)
Thought I'd show you the back. :) I used some of my backing fabric for the little accent border on the front, so I was short for backing....but look! Using my leftover blocks made it back to the perfect size. I love it when I "use up everything" when making a quilt...does anyone else feel that way?
astly, here is a Valentine wall hanging that I just started this week. It's an old Debbie Mumm pattern called From My Heart that I believe was a freebie on her website years ago. The top is done and now it's ready for button hole stitching and quilting. I'm determined to have this on my wall before the 14th!! :)
Zach goes back to school tomorrow. :( I'm sad he's leaving, but I know the time has to come sometime. I know he is looking forward to getting back to "work." I just hate goodbyes...but I know it's really just "see you later."
Tuesday, February 03, 2009
- I'm married to my High School Sweetheart (will be 24 years in June!)....he's always been my best friend and the best husband ever!
- Since we married, we have lived in 14 states/countries....thanks to the Air Force. :)
- I've always dreamed of learning to play the piano and I one of these days, I will!
- I have ALWAYS owned at least one cat for as long as I can remember. My first 2 cats were given to me at my 4th birthday because we were moving into a house that allowed animals (or so that's how I remember it), one of them was named Henrietta (remember the New Zoo Review?) I don't remember the name of the other one. :(
- My nickname used to be Missy, although not everyone called me that...it's on the Christmas stocking my mom knitted for me when I was little and I still use when I'm home for Christmas.
- I am a reality show junkie...well, not all reality shows, but definitely Amazing Race, Survivor, American Idol, and The Biggest Loser.
- I won a first place ribbon at the county fair for the first sewing project I made in Home Economics...it was an applique apron!
- I joined the Handchimes Choir at our church here on the base.
- I don't read music....so #8 is a bit of a challenge! But I'm learning. :)
- I am super afraid of spiders...always have been, always will be.
My five addictions: anything quilty related (fabric, etc), playing word games on the computer (Pathwords, Scramble, Text Twist, etc), chocolate, diet pepsi, the computer
Whew....I did it!! Okay....so that took a lot longer than I thought and now I need to make dinner. So I'll save the quilty picture updates for a little later tonight!