Saturday, January 02, 2010

Happy New Year!

Can you believe it's 2010 already? I can't, but I'm excited for what this year will bring. We have lots of changes coming up...including a move to...??? As soon as the Air Force decides to tell us, we'll know! :)

So, New Year always brings thoughts of plans, goals, resolutions, etc. I usually set some goals and resolutions, but I've not always been great at keeping them! Of course, there is the old favorite that I say every year....exercise more and lose some weight. As I'm getting older and older, that one is becoming more and more important. :P

For the hobby side of my life, I've decided to make smaller monthly goals and hopefully that will help me feel like it's a little more achievable. I've made a list of three things for January:
  1. quilt/bind Fresh Traditions top for a baby gift
  2. finish quilting and bind a lap size quilt, half the quilting is already done
  3. spend at least one afternoon cutting scraps into usable pieces
So, that doesn't look too bad, does it? Of course, you'll see pictures here if I was successful!

Also, I've decided to keep a journal of all quilty/sewing related projects I complete. I have a list of UFO's and projects that I need to finish, but I start and finish a lot of new projects during the year that aren't on that list...it may be a whole quilt, a table runner, a gift I made for someone, etc. But because of my poor memory skills, I'll look back every so often and think, "What did I even accomplish this year?" because nothing is crossed off my UFO list! So this year, I'm going to write down every little fabric basket and table runner I make! :) That way, I can look back and see that I really did accomplish something.

So the first thing I need to keep track of things is a journal! What's a quilter to do...make one, of course! My friend and retreat buddy, Conni, sent me a pattern/kit for a notebook cover and I was able to make two from the kit! It's perfect for what I need. I spent the first day of 2010 making these little cuties.


The second cover will be saved and used for a special time that I can't speak of just yet! :) Thanks so much Conni!

I hope that 2010 is a happy and blessed year for your family! I am so thankful for my family and friends...and that includes my blogging friends. I love being able to share my love of quilting with all of you and I'm inspired daily by all your creativeness!

Happy Quilting!

14 comments:

  1. Love the notebook covers! I really need to make myself one of those one of these days! All the best to you and yours in 2010 :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Journaling is a very good plan (very nice journals!), and I think your goals for Jan. are extremely do-able. I'll watch for photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful idea and notebook!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE those notebook covers! WHat is the name of the pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOOOOO...maybe you will be sent east (to Dover or McGuire)and I can get to meet you...and if you got sent to one of those places, Peggy would be thrilled, too!!! You'd be closer to your son at school, also......yeah...I think the Air Force needs to send you east!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It will definitely be fun to keep track of your quilty projects in those gorgeous journals.

    Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. how cute are those notebook covers!I like your January goal list :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm online with you regarding the monthly goals...lol...online...I crack me up! And you're moving again? It seems like you were just showing photos of your craft room all packed up from your last move!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm down with those goals, Michelle! Great job on the journal covers too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your notebooks are darling! Such cute, bright colors! Have a wonderful New Year Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the notebooks. You do wonderful work. Good luck on the next move. How exciting. Happy New Year. Marylin Tucker in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great idea. Maybe if I wrote down the patterns I buy I wouldn't buy the same pattern twice.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute journals!! And I like the idea of monthly goals...makes it seem less overwhelming that way!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very cute notebook cover! Love the fold over flap.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!