Friday, January 15, 2010

Pics to share....

I've been pretty productive this week! It's been nice to have the time to get back to the hobby that I love! I've been working on my January goals along with throwing a few other things in here and there.

Why is it when we see something, we have to have it too! Peggy made a Valentine runner for her daughter this week, and I thought, "I want a Valentine runner, too!" So I pulled a few reds and pinks and voila! I have a new runner for my coffee table. I wish my camera took better pictures...it seems I can never get the colors to look like they do in real life. :(

I also completed two more months of the 2009 Thimbleberries Club blocks. This one is month 8 and....

...month 9. If you are familiar with the 2009 club, you might notice that I did the 6" blocks wrong. I didn't notice until I was pressing one of the last seams. Ain't no way I'm going to remake these blocks, so it is what it is. I like the block the way it is anyway!

I also finished another Busy Little Elves block. I still need to assemble the pieced part of the block. I enjoy working on these while watching TV, especially shows like Biggest Loser that are on for TWO HOURS. I can't just sit and do nothing. :P

This is Whiskers, aka Quilt Inspector #1. She's a little more camera shy than Smokey, so you won't see her picture as often. But I snapped these two this week. I don't know why she thought this spot was comfortable, maybe it was the heat from the Ott Light. She also just likes to be near me. My computer is right next to the sewing machine.

Here she is practicing her inspection skills. I had cleared off my cutting table and she jumped right up to check it out. She really does like sleeping on this table because that lamp puts out a lot of heat. She needs to keep those old bones warm. :)

Okay...back to sewing for me. Happy Quilting!

6 comments:

  1. My cat likes to hang out on the cutting board too -- and in the middle of whatever else I might be doing! He hasn't climbed onto the sewing machine though -- that's a first!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've been busy! Like that runner alot. It is beautiful in it's simplicity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!! You have been very productive!! And I love the Valentine's table runner!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Neat post Michelle, an update with so many things, including my favorite quilt inspectors! I especially love your colorful Valentine table runner and your elf block in red work -- such lovely stitchery! I just bought an Ott table lamp like yours this week, and I love it. My little quilt inspector hasn't discovered it might be warm underneath it yet, but I'm sure she will. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your red tablerunner and would love to have one like that for my table too ;-)) ....I have some beautiful red repro fabrics, that might look great for it.
    The elves block is so cute.
    Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your projects. Whiskers is working overtime with the quilt inspections lol!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!