Friday, January 08, 2010

Pluggin' away on those goals!

So the first week of the new year is passed. How am I doing on my goals? I think pretty good. I exercised every day this week! That's pretty huge in my opinion! I also made progress on one of my quilting goals. This pretty pink quilt is a pattern called Fresh Traditions. It was in a magazine a couple years ago, but I don't remember which one! Today I finished the quilting and have the binding sewn to the front. All that's left is to hand sew the binding. I fully anticipate having it done this weekend!

As you can see, Quilt Inspector #2 went right to work. The quilt is backed with flannel, and it was like a magnet to this cat! As soon as it went on the floor, he had to check it out.

Then he proceeded to fall asleep, where he still is as I type this! Crazy cats! Don't worry, I'll be washing this quilt before giving it to it's intended recipient! 'night 'night kitty....

Last thing I wanted to share. See the picture below? This is a jumble of blocks from three different "bag 'o blocks" and look how nicely they go together? All the fabrics are various Thimbleberries fabrics. The courthouse steps were a lotto win from a yahoo group I belong to, the "sampler" blocks are leftovers from various swaps over the years, and the trees are extras I made from the 2008 Thimbleberries club. I'm really pleased with the possibility of crossing off three bag 'o blocks off my UFO list!!

I didn't sew these together yet. I decided to pick them up and put them away for now because I needed to focus on the baby quilt pictured above and my original goals! LOL I think later this weekend I might sew them together though!

Hope you all have a wonderful, quilty weekend!

8 comments:

  1. We have a small dog who does that kind of thing...burrowing under blankets and quilts.....no matter whether it's a hot summer day or a freezing winter one! Nice quilt and nice blocks getting READY to be a quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great effort to stay on track with your goals!! The results are starting to show!! Congrats, Michelle! And the bag o' blocks look like they will be a beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great first week, and neat projects! I love the jumble of blocks layout, and being the same fabric line makes them go together so well.
    Don't you just love kitty antics -- so adorable?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how your UFO blocks look together! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY for a finished Quilt for the first week of the year and the first big goal set!!! I'd forgotten how cute that quilt was..Love the flannel!
    Peg

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome that you exerised every day this week! I did too, not normal for me but I trying real hard to change that!

    Had to LOL about the cat under the quilt, too funny! I like the layout of your UFO blocks very much!
    Stay warm and happy quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. your cat does what my doggies do...burrow under any blanket whether invited or not! I am in awe of the thimleberries quilt layout...how long did it take you to do all those blocks?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the Fresh Traditions quilt!!! Looks like you will have to make a flannel quilt for the kitties now.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!