Monday, May 24, 2010

Finally...lots of sewing going on here!

Finally I had a quiet weekend at home and I took full advantage of the time and sewed like crazy!! This first top is called "Starlight Pines." It's a Thimbleberries pattern and I love it. I altered it just a bit by changing a diamond type row into that checkerboard row. I'm pleased with the difference. I started this top at retreat and assembled most of the center section while I was there. It's a good size too...68"x 84"! It will be long enough to cover the toes of my 6' 3" son! :) This quilt will live in our camping trailer, I think it will be perfect for those chilly mountain nights.


This is for the Quilts for Kids charity. I assembled the top probably 2-3 months ago and it weighed heavily on my mind that I hadn't finished it and sent it back. I'm happy to say it's finished and ready to pop in the mail! It's not colors/fabrics I usually would choose, but I think it's pretty cute and I hope some little girl will enjoy it!

It feels great to finally be accomplishing something! Here's to a great week!

Happy Quilting!

3 comments:

  1. Love that tree quilt...perfect for a mountain vacation, I'd say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your work is beautiful. Thank you for sharing. Happy Quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your Thimbleberries quilt. Sorry about the snow in your previous post. Enough already!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!