Saturday, May 01, 2010

May 1st!

I, for one, can not believe it's May 1st. But I have to say that I'm elated that it's May 1st! It means that it's that much closer until Travis comes home. I am beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel! About 7 more weeks and he'll be home.

Over the past weeks, I have finished a couple projects...some I can't show pictures of just yet. :) Here are a few that I can share with you though:


These zipper bags were made for four ladies that helped me with the planning of our recent Protestant Women of the Chapel retreat. I filled them with goodies like lip balm, flower seeds, coffee gift cards, and of course, candy!


Two weeks ago, I went on the Southern Idaho Quilt Shop Hop. We visited 16 shops in three days...three of the shops were in western Oregon and the rest were in Southwest Idaho. I found this cute tote bag pattern at one of the shops. The fabric is from Moda's new "Frolic" line. I love it!

This is an OLD UFO...it's the 2007 Thimbleberries Club quilt...with a slight modification. I didn't add the final borders and made it lap size instead. I'm giving it to a great friend that has been an incredible encourager to me this year...I hope she enjoys it!

I thought I'd share a pic of the back. I love to piece the backs out of fabric from my stash. It feels like such an accomplishment to "use up" that stash! LOL These were extra club fabrics not used in the final borders.

I have a few more things -almost- finished, so I might have a couple more pictures later this week.

Another great thing about May...it's the BPF Quilting Retreat in Indiana! This will be my 3rd year to attend and absolutely just can't wait!! Only 10 more days til I leave!

A crazy thing about this first day of May in Idaho...it only reached 51 degrees today. Ugh...when is the warm weather going to arrive?

Happy Quilting!

6 comments:

  1. Lots to reference in this post, Michelle! First and foremost, hooray only 7 more weeks! :) I love your little bags filled with goodies for your friends who helped you, also the one from your shop hop. Has anyone ever called you the "Bag Lady"? ;) The UFO in lap size without borders looks complete -- not as if anything is missing at all. If you don't need to struggle working with a big quilt, then don't. That's my motto. And the back of that one -- it's unique and I call it "Back Art". I like to do the same thing. I'd like to say it was 51 here in south Jersey, but nooooooo...our porch thermometer went over 100 yesterday. Too much, too soon (hope you have better retreat weather this year, and no one should park under any trees!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to see you Michelle! You do have lots going on so the seven weeks will fly by. Lucky you with so much quilty stuff going on! Be well and looking forward to another post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yayyy for Travis coming home in 7 weeks!!! and Yayyy for so many finished projects!! I just love those little zip bags!! and your quilts look great too! Don't rush the hot weather...it's here already in NY! I won't complain too loudly though..so hope it warms up there soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you are down to just 7 weeks now!!! That is great news! Loved the things you showed here today. Enjoy your retreat, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your thimbleberries quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for Travis coming home soon! That's awesome!

    Your projects are beautiful, as always. I love that tote!

    See you soon! : )

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!