Friday, June 04, 2010

9 Patch Project

Have you heard about it?? It's a Summer Challenge to make one 9-patch block each day during the summer using only fabrics from your stash. At the end of the summer you'll have 90ish 9-patch blocks!! You can read about it here and if you are on Facebook, check here too.

Coincidently, I've been working on my "scrap" bins and trying to figure out and make them into something usable. Here is a pic of -most- of my scraps...I know there is more stashed here and there. Look at all that good stuff...surely there is something that can be done with it! :)

Robin has been slowly converting me over to the dark side and I finally broke down and started cutting my scraps into various sizes that can be used in future projects. I've also begun doing "Leaders & Enders," that Bonnie Hunter is so famous for. It's amazing how productive this little project can be. Remember my last post about my mini retreat? Well, I also sewed all these little 2" squares together the same weekend! Wait until you see what I'm doing with all these little blocks! :)


While cutting my scraps, I'm cutting various sizes which includes 2.5" squares. So when the 9-patch project came along, I decided that would be a perfect thing for those squares. Here are the first three blocks (project started June 1st so I had to catch up!).

BUT...I have a dilemma...did I mention I'm moving in July?? LOL And did I mention I'm moving to the other side of the country? So I can either make a bunch of blocks ahead or make them after I get settled and get unpacked. No worries...if they get made, great! If not...I'm not going to stress about it.

So what about you....are you in??

4 comments:

  1. YAY....moving really close to ME!! I'm thrilled about that, of course. I say...sew blocks until the day you pack up your machine and then you can easily catch up once you are in the new place. (How long do they take to get your belongings to you in the new place when you do a reassignment like this?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just read about the 9-patch summer projecton the Quilting Possibilities news letter. Thought it is a great way to use up my scraps. Funny that you should mention it in you post. Guess I'll have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am new to quilting, but I think I can manage this. I have been sewing all my life. I am also new to blogging and loved all your posts! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in, I'm in! And welcome to the scrappy side! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!