Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Might be missing for a while....

The next 30-40 days are going to be jammed packed and crazy around these parts! Don't worry if you don't hear from me for a while...but it's all for good reasons.

First and most exciting event is that my sweet hubby will be home THIS Friday! After 5 months in Afghanistan, he's finally on his way. Yippeeeeee!! I'm so proud of him and can't wait until he is back home, safe and sound.



Seven days after he returns, we leave for an Alaskan Cruise! We will be celebrating our 25th anniversary on June 29th while on this beautiful ship! (well, I don't know if it's exactlly that ship..it is that cruise line) Seven days and seven nights of relaxation, sight-seeing, and fun!



On the 16th of July, the packers will be here to pack up our household goods and move us once again to the next Air Force adventure. The two years here in Idaho have flown by in an instant. It's been an amazing time...nothing like we thought it would be and it's going to be heartbreaking to leave. But, alas, we must move on and although we are sad to leave, we are SOOOO excited to begin the next journey. Exciting things are waiting for us in our new location....because we are going to....



DOVER, DELAWARE!!!! You might remember that our son is in college in Delaware! We could not believe it when we learned that we would be going to Dover and would be just an hour from him! With a bit of luck, we'll be there for two years, which is when he will graduate. The other exciting news is that our daughter will also be moving with us. She has been out on her own for a couple years, but wants a bit of a change from her current location. Yay...so we'll all be together again, at least for a couple years. I'll take it!


There you have it...Life is Good! I'll try to update when I can. Wishing you all a fun quilty Summer!!

22 comments:

  1. You enjoy your time with your husband. We will be thinking about you as you move and relocate. We look forward to your return!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad your hubby is on his way back home. Enjoy your anniversary cruise. AND.....it will be wonderful for your family to be together AND you will be less than an hour from me, so you and I will get to meet and do some quilty stuff together!!! YIPPEE for that, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy for you on all counts!!!! What a happy and exciting time. Enjoy your trip, having your husband back safe and sound, and I hope your move goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an exciting post, Michelle! I am so glad that he is returning home and that you will have some fun days ahead. Alaska will be gorgeous and is a perfect way to celebrate your anniversary.

    The move to Dover will be so exciting with everyone being close again. We were in the Navy and I so clearly remember the excitement when finding where the next tour of duty was taking us.

    Please give your hubby a big hug and thank you from all of us who admire and respect him for what he is doing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HOORAY!!! Michelle, so many wonderful things to give thanks to God for!! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good news all around! Best of luck with your move and enjoy your husband being home. Please tell him I appreciate his dedication and sacrifice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can feel your joy and excitement, Michelle. I think you will enjoy Delaware and being near the ocean. Great news all around!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Go glad your husb is on his way home. Please tell him how much we appreciate our troops!
    Enjoy your cruise and an early Happy 25th!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Please tell your husband thank you... and welcome home. You won't be too far from me (I'm in PA).... and you will be so near the shore. I came 'that' close to applying for a DOD teaching job at Dover way back in the 80s.... but then went for my masters degree.

    Have fun on the cruise!!! Take lots of pics and make lots of memories. My MIL found a wonderful quilt shop in Sitka I believe.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tears of joys for you, Michelle!
    God Bless your summer and look forward to hearing from you in the fall. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a fantastic summer, enjoy, enjoy, enjoy.
    And a big thank you to your husband for his service.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm delighted you stopped in at my blog....my hubby too was Air Force for 23 years before retiring. I know all too well what it feels like to have them back home again after long periods of time in harms way. How fun to get a cruise and then move near your son!! Life is good!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So happy for you all. This will be a wonderful time for your family. Enjoy your homecoming and your cruise.

    ReplyDelete
  14. YAYYYY for Travis coming home! THANK YOU for serving our country Travis and I'm glad you're home safe and sound!! Keep us posted on where you're at in the move Michelle! We'll do some sewing in your honor since you might not get to much in the next month or so! Have a great time on your cruise too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey, you will be on the same coast as I am! How wonderful that your husband is home and you will be enjoying a great cruise together! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Michelle, I am so happy for you! I got all teary-eyed reading your post. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Michelle, what wonderful news...all around!! Congrats!! I'm finally back to blogging from a 6 month break. Can't wait to catch up on all you've been up to. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  18. beautiful blog..pls visit mine and be a follower.. thanks and God bless..

    http://forlots.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. beautiful blog..pls visit mine and be a follower.. thanks and God bless..

    http://forlots.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. beautiful blog..pls visit mine to,and be a follower..thanks and God bless..http://forlots.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm very happy for you! We were on a trip and I just now read your post, so you may be in Alaska now. My DS is also in the Air Force and we are very proud of him as you are of your DH. Blessings on you as you move.

    ReplyDelete
  22. My hubby and I plan to celebrate our 25th Anniversary in a couple of years with a cruise to Alaska too! I am glad you had a great time, and that your hubby is home safe and sound!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!