Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Landed in Delaware!

We have finally arrived in Delaware! We actually arrived the middle of last week and we're in sort of limbo for a couple more weeks until the house on base will be vacated and ready for us to move in. So we're "temp-ing" for just a bit longer. I sure will be glad to have a house again and make it our home for the next two years. In the meantime, I don't have a lot of responsiblity (like housework!), so I'm working on some embroidery projects and taking advantage of some relaxation time!

One exciting thing I was able to do just today...I met a blogging friend!! Pat and I have been corresponding for over two years through our blogs. We moved our son out to northern Delaware two years ago for school, and she was so kind to us then, offering whatever help we needed. I thought that was thoughtful and very generous! When I found out I would be moving close to her, we knew we just had to meet!! We arranged to meet for lunch and hit it off right away! She is a sweet lady and instant friend. Quilters are the best, aren't they? We spent a couple hours just chatting and getting to know each other better...even though it felt like we already knew each other, didn't it, Pat? I'm looking forward to many more fun times with her during our time in Delaware!


Pat was so kind and brought me a "Welcome to Delaware" gift...she was even concerned that I wouldn't have anything to keep me occupied during this time of "limbo," she brought me a cross-stitch project, complete with a hoop. The saying on that cross-stitch is very appropriate..."It's all about the Journey." Thanks so much Pat! Do you see that paper on the left? It's a list of all the quilt shops in the area, typed with descriptions and directions!! How cool is that?? Now I can just hop in the car, program the TomTom and go fabric shopping! :) She knows me so well too...look at that charm pack of my very fave fabric!! LOL



Thanks for a great afternoon Pat!

15 comments:

  1. Awwwwwww....so heartwarming! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun!! Instant quilting friend!!! I enjoy Pat's blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg Michelle, she DOES know you well! LOL don't let Peg see that charm square packet :) Glad you had a great time and got to meet a long-time online friend! Quilters really ARE the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. how cool.....i hope to meet Pat in early 2011.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to DE!! Hope to meet you, too, Michelle and will be following your blog.I live near Pat and we get together often maybe you can join us sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun, what a way to get welcomed into the community!

    ReplyDelete
  7. As if meeting her wouldn't have been enough but all the goodies to boot. What a great buddy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. welcome to DE....Pat is such a great quilting buddy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome to the East coast.Glad you got to meet Pat in person. Looks like you had a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The feeling is mutual, Michelle! We did hit it off right away...even to recognizing each other instantly with no problem when we first met. I had a great time and will look forward to lots of quilty times over the next couple of years that you are in this area!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pat truly is a wonderful blogger friend to many of us. I'm so glad you two got to spend a bit of time up close and personal!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Welcome to the east coast. Deleware isn't too far from South-central PA... hopefully we can meet up somewhere.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's wonderful, Pat.
    Happy Qulting!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Welcome to Delaware. I along with Sherry (Quilting Lab) live in the same community as Pat and are part of the Lakeside Ladies. Looking forward to meeting you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Michelle, I just love your attitude about having to move! God sure provided-near your son and a ready made craft buddy! Welcome to the east coast!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!