Friday, September 10, 2010

9 Patch Project

Back in June, I signed up for the 9 Patch Project. The no-pressure plan would result in a stack of 9 patches and a smaller scrap bin!

I had a few events over the summer that kept me from making all the 9 patches, but I did end up with 50! I decided it was time to wrap up the project, so I went searching for a setting idea. I found the twisted 9 patch idea on MaryQuilts.com. I loved it immediately...what a great setting! And super easy to assemble. The blocks end up 9" finished, so it will be a good size throw. Here is a picture of 48 blocks laid out, but not sewn together yet. Now it's time to come up with a border...should that also be scrappy?

I think this idea would be awesome for toddler/donation quilts. Don't you think? The color options are endless!

Here are my blocks after one of the quilting inspectors did a little inspecting. Little rascal....


Happy Quilting!

5 comments:

  1. Hmmmmm...at first I thought "DEFINITELY" for a scrappy border, but I love how the colors in the centers of the blocks pop out and I'm wondering if a border that is too multi-colored would take your eyes back away from the block centers??? Nice setting.....I like it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely love it-great colours! I'm off to MarysQuilts to see how it's done - the block looks complicated (or maybe it's just me) LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this twisted 9-patch design! Stunning quilt, and there is so much going on here including lots of movement that I don't know about a scrappy border. Audition a few things to see what you like!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't seen the twisted 9-patch pattern, very cool! I had to laugh at the four-pawed rearranging of your blocks. That happens a lot here too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the neutrals you've used for twisting your nine patches. It's always so interesting to see what other quilters come up with when inspired by one of my quilts. Thanks for linking to my site.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!