Wednesday, September 22, 2010

checking in...

I just thought I'd check in and say hello to all my blogger friends. :) Hubby and I just returned from a 5 day trip to Gettysburg, PA...it's beautiful there this time of year. Travis is a Civil War buff, so he never tires of seeing the battlefields and monuments. It is an impressive place, I have to admit....so much history.

I actually have a lot of sewing projects to share with you, I just haven't taken pictures of anything yet. Last week, I got almost completely caught up on a block of the month project from Homestead Hearth. Also, if you remember my previous posts about my Busy Little Elves embroidery project...I'm down to my last little elf block! I only have three more of the pieced blocks to assemble and that top is done! Also, while I was away, I received two quilted tops back from the quilter, ready for binding! Yay, two projects soon to be checked off the UFO list! I'll be sure and take pictures soon of my completed projects.

I thought you'd like this picture of Smokey...he is napping on my cutting mat and do you see he was nice enough to share a little corner with me? That little tail is in quite a precarious spot, don't you think?? He loves that lamp...he finds it to be the perfect napping spot. :)

Happy Quilting!

9 comments:

  1. Ummmmmm.....Smokey...pssst...wake up...you are dangerously close to a rotary cutter!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a wonderful trip! Can't wait to see your new projects. Smokey is such a nice and generous kitty to share your cutting mat with you. Loved the photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We went to Gettysburg last fall and loved it! It was touching and informative.
    Two tops back and ready to bind! That's great! Will watch for photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That cat has the right idea!! Glad you had a nice little vacation. Can't wait to see pics of the finished quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. the Gettysburg area is indeed lovely and a great place for a CW buff

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking forward to new project photos, in the meantime Smokey always fun to see. He's keeping your spot warm for when you can get back to it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. with all the moves you make, Smokey knows he always has a home on your cutting board. Can't wait to see your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Smokey has the right idea...getting a tan under the sun lamp! Glad you are finally getting to play with your needle and thread.

    ReplyDelete
  9. super cute pic Michelle!! I think that's Smokey's tanning lamp :)

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!