Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Thank You!

Thanks to all of you for voting for my scrappy quilt! :) I didn't win, but definitely had a decent amount of votes, so I'm happy!

I'm home from an exciting weekend in New York City. A good friend, Susan, celebrated her 40th birthday and her wish was to see the Broadway show Wicked. It was an amazing production! The storyline is so clever....I'll never think of the original Wizard of Oz movie the same way again! Here we all are before the show started. We were trying to do a "self portrait" but none of us had long enough arms to get all of us in the picture. The lady behind us finally felt sorry for us and offered to take a picture. LOL A funny thing, another lady in front told us we were having too much fun and we better quiet down before the show. Really? Did she think we didn't know that? LOL

Some of you that have followed my blog awhile, might remember the Fun Friday girls from Idaho. We've all since moved away, but two of these ladies are my Fun Friday friends. Susan, on the left and Kristen, in the middle with the turquoise blouse. They both live in Virginia now. I'm so happy they are close enough for us to get together occasionally. Theresa, in the reddish top, is another friend of Susan's from Virginia.

We stayed at an amazing hotel in the city, had some yummy food, walked for miles and miles, did some shopping, and laughed our heads off. It truly was a wonderful weekend I will never forget!

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming!

Happy Quilting!

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have some wonderful friends and had an awesome time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had such a wonderful time. Did you drive in to the city??? (Driving in NYC is too scary for me!!!) I had to laugh about the lady's comment to you.....did you look at her and say, "DUH"???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a wonderful, fun trip!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you had such an awesome trip. And that your friends live close enough to meet up. FYI-I voted! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Broadway shows are such fun...and to be with friends...priceless

    ReplyDelete
  6. Didn't you LOVE Wicked? I saw it four times with all different leading actors and loved it every time! Nothing like seeing it on Broadway, I bet! I didnt' see your vote post until it was too late. :(

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!