Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Home from Retreat!

The quilting retreat was so much fun. Got to see some "old" friends and met lots of new ones too.
Angela is the best hostess and we sure appreciate her for making it possible to spend 3 1/2 days sewing, chatting, laughing, shopping, and eating! :)

I made progress on quite a few projects, but didn't take pictures of very many of them...but here are a few I can show you. This is a Thimbleberries tablerunner and in Thimbleberries style...it's ginormous! It still needs to be quilted, but I think I'm really going to like this one!


I also finished assembling my Busy Little Elves quilt. I so love this project!! I had hoped to find border fabric for it during our trip to the LQS, but I didn't see anything I liked. I think I'm going to do a scrappy border with the leftover reds I have. I did find a red and white stripe that will be used for the binding. I'll cut it on the bias and it will look like a candy cane!
I'm not sure how I am going to quilt this one yet...I have never quilted an embroidery project. Anyone have any advice?

I also worked on my Snowman on Parade Block of the Month and I hope to have that one finished before Christmas...stay tuned!

Happy Quilting!

5 comments:

  1. Wow! I am totally in love with that red Christmas quilt! That will look terrific with a red and white binding! I'll have to look into getting that pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  2. fantastic job on the busy little elves. i adore embroidery. sounds like retreat was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovin' that red quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The group picture makes me sad that I wasn't in it. But knowing you all had tons of fun makes me happy.
    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the red quilt!!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!