Thursday, November 11, 2010

Veteran's Day

Thank you to all veterans, past and present, for your sacrifice and service to this great country of ours. Today is the day we celebrate you. Because of you, we enjoy the many freedoms that you have fought and died for....and for that we are forever grateful.
A special thank you to my husband...you are my hero. I am so proud of all you have accomplished! I'm so blessed to be on this journey with you!

As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to
utter words, but to live by them.
- John Fitzgerald Kennedy


4 comments:

  1. Good post!!! I recall when I was a child, Veterans' Day was a big deal and in school we all knew why it was celebrated and did artwork and written projects to honor veterans. I am sad to notice that many young school children today don't really know why we have this holiday. Even as we read your post and type our replies, there are men and women (such as your husband) sacrificing of themselves for US...as did many in the past and many will in the future. I wish the younger kids were being properly taught about this.....like I feel we were many years back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, Michelle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. God bless your husband and all of our veterans today and every day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. well said...& thanks to your husband & all those who serve our country.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!