Sunday, November 07, 2010

A visit from some BFFs!

Yesterday was an exciting day! Two of my very bestest quilting buddies came to my house for a visit! I've known Peggy and Robin "online" for 5 or 6 years but the only time we've seen each other in real life is at our yearly quilting retreat. Since I moved to the east coast (they both live on this coast too), we decided we need to make sure and take full advantage of this geographic benefit! The Spouse's Club here at Dover hosts a large craft fair every November, so it was the perfect reason for the girls to come down here for our first visit. We had fun browsing the crafts and visiting at lunch. Afterwards they came to my house and I showed off my quilts and all my unfinished projects. LOL All in all, it was an awesome day. I can't wait until we get together again!


Thought I would share this cute picture of Whiskers. Do any of you have to share your chair with your cat? I use this chair at the computer and at my sewing machine and 95% of the time, I am sharing it. I use the term "sharing" loosely...she gets much more space than I do! LOL She sleeps here without me too. In fact, I think she sleeps here most nights, which surprises me because there are many other warmer, cuddlier places to sleep in the house of an avid quilter! I don't mind, I kind of miss her when she's not there behind me.

Happy Quilting!

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like it was a really fun time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just another reason I'm sorry I was unable to go yesterday......missed meeting Peggy and Robin and also seeing your house and your UFO's. I'll have to get up to Dover again soon. (I might need to make a trip to get some trims we need for the Christmas pageant costumes at church anyway. I'll schedule it on a day when I can see you, too.) Love the cute photo of Whiskers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Michelle, We are practically neighbors! You are in Dover and I live in Rehoboth Beach. Pat of A Little of This and a Little of Pat lives in my development. She teaches in our Lakeside Ladies quilt group. Maybe we can meet for lunch one day?

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun to get together with online friends...I will be moving up that way soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful day spent! The quilt on the rack behind you is wonderful. Also love the fact that kitty chooses to be so CLOSE. :-) Looks like a real lover. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a wonderful day! I love the photo of Whiskers. How do cats take up so much room??? Mine do the same thing and if I get up, they take the whole seat and then get mad when I come back and want them to move. It happens every time, they should figure it out by now :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. had a blast Michelle and can't wait to do it again!! woooohooo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You lucky girls! Visiting with your friends AND crafty shopping. Love the two charm quilts too. They turned out really cute.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!