Monday, December 27, 2010

After Christmas Sewing!

I hope all of you had a very Merry Christmas. We sure did here at our house. It was so nice to have both kids home this year. I've kind of been hunkered down since Christmas...playing with new toys, eating, napping, eating, watching movies, eating....

Finally last night, I decided I needed to kick my mojo in gear and get back to some sewing. A couple months ago I bought a new book by Nancy Halvorsen. It's Art to Heart book called "Count On It." It has adorable monthly banners to hang on a cute table stand. I've got January's banner all done! Well, except for the button eyes and button mouth...I just didn't have enough black buttons in my stash. I'll take a trip to JoAnn's sometime this week.
This morning I finished up Step 4 of the Roll Roll Cotton Boll mystery. Yay! Still pluggin' along.
I'm sure you've heard about the blizzard that hit the east coast yesterday. I don't think we got as much snow as other places in Delaware...I think we have about 8-10". It's hard to judge because the wind is causing huge snow drifts. Here you can see the snow plows have done a good job of getting our circle cleared already. The wind is still blowing like crazy out there. I'm happy to stay indoors a little longer...the buttons will be there when I get there. :P
Happy quilting!

8 comments:

  1. Oh, I Love that banner! I can't wait to see the rest of them. And look at all that snow! My son & daughter-in-law live in Frankfurt, Germany and they are snowed in -- airport closed. There Christmas gifts still haven't arrived yet!

    Stay warm and enjoy your sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the banner too! I like Nancy Halversobs patterns, I can't wait to see the rest of the months! Stay warm and snuggly in your home fir now and take advantage of that sew day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute, Michelle! Peg said you were doing something similar to hers. I'll be eager to see them all as the year progresses. Can't believe your progress on the Roll Roll Cotton Boll mystery quilt (I don't think your sewing mojo ever left). The Other Barb says this is going to be one enormous quilt, and at this point she's having a hard time picturing how it will all come together. You two are really something keeping up with this one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the snowman, Michelle! He makes you smile...even without his face!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute snow men quilt Michelle! I am working on a another book from
    "Art to heart".

    Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that stand for your banner!! Where did you find that?!!
    We are to have a warm up in a few days...bet it will feel devine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the colors you picked for your mystery quilt. I've never tried a mystery quilt, but I'd like to.

    The snow pic is great! I heard a news story yesterday that said some towns south of where I live are running out of places to dump the snow once it's been plowed from the city streets. Yuck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Michelle, you and I have similar taste in quilts!

    Where did you get the cute table-top quilt stand? It is adorable.

    I also love your long, thin bookshelf quilt made from leftover RRCB pieces. Very clever.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!