Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Busy Little Elves

It's finished! And I love it! I started the embroidery on these little cuties back in July '09...so not too bad, huh? I wish the colors came out better in these pictures...it's dark in the house because of the storms outside, so I had to use the flash. The pattern is by Gail Pan. I changed the pattern a little by adding the scrappy piano key border.
This was the first time I have ever attempted to quilt something with embroidery blocks...I used a clear nylon thread and just went for it! I did a medium all over meander. (Double click the blocks for close up pictures)
These blocks show the colors more accurately.
Don't you love the candy cane binding? I do!! :)
Love. Love. Love it!!
I pieced the back from leftover border strips and some stash fabrics. I want to put a label on this one too...I just couldn't wait to show you the quilt!
Now I need to be a busy little elf and get to work on Christmas preparations!!

Happy Quilting!

14 comments:

  1. Michelle, this turned out so adorable! And the borders are wonderful! I'm so partial to red. Congrats on getting it finished...enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful finish and just in time..gosh December 1st and plenty of days to have it out to enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Michelle, you are indeed the embroidery queen around here. This is wonderful! I do, do, do love the candy cane binding! The quilting is perfect, very well done and in plenty of time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Michelle, it looks fantastic, I love the border, really looks so gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is so cute. I was drawn to the candy cane binding :) the embroidery is terrific!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love everything about that quilt!!! Your quilting is terrific....how do you get your machine to stitch so evenly? Do you have a stitch regulator on that one?

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's beautiful, Michelle. Great job on the quilting, what a treasure you now have to display.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely adorable!!!!! Love the border (almost as much as you do)! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh it quilted up so good. Glad that you quilted the embroidery part. Love that I got to see it in person almost finished. That binding is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's wonderful! I love the striped binding, too. Great finish.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your quilt looks great! I love the border and the stripedy binding just finishes it off perfectly! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Michelle, that binding is the icing on the cake! This quilt turned out fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your elves are just wonderful! i'm a little bit jealous but that's only because I wanted to get the pattern and procrastinated. Now I see how stinkin' adorable yours turned out and I'm just kicking myself!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really love it and voted for your wonderful quilt at Quilting Gallery. Good luck !
    Hugs from France.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!