Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Getting the hang of it...


Step three of Roll, Roll Cotton Boll mystery is a bit daunting to me! But there's no whining in quilting, so the only option is to just buckle down and get 'er done! I don't really have "strings" so the first step was to cut the neutrals I had pulled into various size strips.

I think this is a good start, don't you:
I may find myself in a bit of a predicament because I cut ALL the fabric I had pulled into strips...which was a good chunk of the neutrals in my stash already. If we need them for another step, I may need a trip to the LQS. Darn.

I have never made string blocks before, so this is my first attempt. I think they turned out just fine! It's yet another therapy lesson for my OCD tendencies...I'm trying not to worry too much about putting similar colors/widths, etc, next to each other. LOL
It was actually quite enjoyable to make these first two blocks...only 58 more to go!

Happy Quilting!

8 comments:

  1. They look great! I'm not doing the mystery quilt this year - I did last year, though. I have made lots of these string blocks in colors though and you will be amazed at how great they look when put together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh! I'm so jealous...I keep procrastinating this step! LOL And Step 4 will be here on Friday, so I need to get crackin'! Yours are wonderful, hope my turns out half so well!
    Blessings,
    Mary Lou

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You first try at string block look great. Before you know it you'll be saving them on purpose

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, indeed, they did turn out just fine! (Think I'm beginning to be glad I didn't join this one.;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I cut my strings last night. We have to make 60!! I'm not whining but....60?!! And I like doing string blocks. I can do this, I CAN do this :)

    yours look great Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  7. String piecing is good therapy if your are OCD!! Can't wait to see how these will be used in your quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. looks great Michelle!!! woohooo for using up those strings!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!