Saturday, December 18, 2010

Making progress!


With all the Christmas sewing and preparations going on this time of year, I had to put the Mystery quilt on the back burner for a while. Yesterday, I was finally able to get back to making the string blocks and now I have a total of 37! I'm so excited...the task doesn't seem so daunting anymore. I know I can get the next 23 done, lickity split! :)
So...I'm two steps behind...what-ev! What's 600 HSTs, anyway? ... pshaw! I can do those in my sleep. LOL (ok...someone smack me!)


Remember a couple weeks ago I posted about the 12 days of Christmas gift exchange I am part of. We've been opening gifts for a few days now and I just had to show you these! Day 4 was "something in holiday style." Aren't these slippers adorable? I'm definitely styling it up wearing these babies. :) I love 'em! They even have little skids on the bottoms, so I won't go slipping and sliding. All the gifts have been great so far!

Hope you are all happy and healthy and enjoying this blessed holiday season!

7 comments:

  1. You'll be caught up in no time at all!!!!!

    Lovin' those little slippers. They are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing great with the mystery quilt! I finished the easy steps (1, 2 and 4) and have the hard ones to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't even been up in my sewing rom all week. Maybe next :)
    Great job on the string blocks. More than 1/2 way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm loving the slippers...and what's on your jammies? Are they little elves? Good job on the strings....
    Peg

    ReplyDelete
  5. CUTE slippers! As for the mystery quilt, you'll get there.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful progress on the mystery quilt. The slippers are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those booties are adorable! Very festive and fun...and in our old age (I am much older than you) those lil skid stoppers are a good thing.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!