Monday, December 20, 2010

ta-da!!!

There are some accomplishments that are little more rewarding than others, don't you think? The idea of making 60 string blocks really freaked me out! I've never made string blocks before. I'm not good at "random." But I did it! And of course, I love them! :) It may seem silly and insignificant to some, but I'm proud of myself for sticking with it!


Now on to Step 4 (relatively easy) and Step 5 (oh my).

Wishing you all a blessed Christmas week!

Happy Quilting!
p.s. don't forget to go here to enter to win a set of cookbooks from The Quilting Gallery!

12 comments:

  1. Hooray, Michelle!! You did it! I'm so curious as to how these will be used in the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look gorgeous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Job well done....your going to love the end result!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you. I love doing string quilts. There is just something liberating about random.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mighty impressive group of blocks Michelle! Love em! Step 4 is easy..we won't talk about step 5 lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done! I can't wait to see what this quilt is going to end up looking like! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love em!!! I'm proud of you for sticking with them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations!! That is quite an accomplishment. I don't do well with random either but you may have inspired me - lol!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woohooo! Your blocks look stunning. Way to go on powering through.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! They look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great job!!! Your string blocks look wonderful! I may have to wait on step 5 until later. I don't know if I'm up to that may HST!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great job so far, and I'm also eager to see the finished mystery. I'm not even doing this quilt, but I'm hearing about it from The Other Barb. She is staying with it in spite of being challenged by the more demanding steps, and me being exhausted just hearing about them. I just heard about step 5 -- OMG!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!