Monday, December 13, 2010

'tis the season....


I've been working on a few quilting/sewing projects the last couple weeks, but can't share pictures just yet. 'Tis the season for suprises!! :) I'm taking pictures though, so I'll share after Christmas.

And since I've been working on gifts, I haven't made much progress on the string blocks for the mystery quilt...I have seven blocks made. I'll be able to get back to them in the next day or two though, so I'm not worried at all about being behind. I'm not going to stress about it...I'm just curious how all the units are going to fit together!



I'm going to a cookie exchange tonight and I'm trying a new cookie recipe. Kinda risky, huh? I got lucky this time though...these are DELICIOUS!! The are called Snickers Cookies and the recipe can be found here. I can't believe I haven't heard of these before. The recipe called for the chocolate drizzle and I added a bit of Christmas flair by adding the sprinkles. I think they are perfectly fine without the chocolate drizzle though. The dough is wrapped around a bite size Snickers bar. The cookie and the candy inside stays chewy. Yum!!!



Happy Quilting,

3 comments:

  1. Okay..I can understand not showing us any photos yet of the gifts you are making....but did you have to show us not one...but TWO...photos of those sinfully yummy cookies AND give us the link to the recipe?? I mean.....how can that temptation be resisted now?? LOL Enjoy the cookie exchange!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yummy....I think I gained a pound just looking at it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know how they tasted but they sure look good!!!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!