Thursday, January 06, 2011

almost ready...

I have half of my top together, so I'm almost ready for the next step. I haven't worked on it at all today, so I really doubt I'll have it done before the next step is posted. Any guesses what the border will look like? Whatever it is, I think it will really pull the center section together, don't you? I'm loving it so far. My colors are supposed to be "Christmas-y" and I even have quite a few Christmas prints in there, but it definitely doesn't scream Christmas, does it? I found a backing fabric online for $5/yd and it's actually the same as one of the fabrics I used in the string blocks. Maybe I'll have it ready to send to the quilter by the end of the month!! :) How are all of you doing?

10 comments:

  1. All I can say is WONDERFUL!!!
    I'm so proud of your stick to itness!!!

    Peg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt top is looking wonderful! I printed out the directions...does that count for anything? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. First let me say I really like this quilt. Second, it doesn't scream Christmas, but that could be a good thing because you could leave it out all year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love what you did with your string blocks. I think I will have to give that a try on a future quilt. It's beautiful, Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quilt looks great so far! I think it looks subtle-Christmas as opposed to in-your-face-Christmas. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What great colors! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! Michelle, I love it! I can't wait to see it with the borders! Will you bring it to the retreat so I can drool over it in person, please???

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH MY, the monster quilt takes shape! ;) I can tell by the length of time my friend, The Other Barb's light is on in her sewing room, how much sewing this quilt takes. Congratulations on so much incredible progress, it's stunning!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!