Saturday, January 01, 2011

....and the crowd goes wild!!

Well...I don't know about "crowds," but there is sure some celebrating going on at this house! I finished all the units for the RRCB Mystery! It may seem weird, but I can't really believe that I made it this far! LOL I really had to push myself through some of the steps, and came pretty close to giving up once or twice. :) I'm glad I stuck with it though and now I can start assembling the blocks! After seeing Step 7, I think I'll be pretty happy with the
colorway I chose.


Hope you all had a fun New Year's Eve! I'm really looking forward to 2011 and what the year has in store for our family. There is always the possibility of change where the Air Force is concerned. :P Until then, I am content to stay put. Of course, I've made some goals that I plan to focus on accomplishing. But most of all I really want to enjoy each day and truly appreciate the blessings in my life. I think it's easy for me to dwell negatively on insignificant things, when there is so much to be happy about.

One of my favorite songs sums it up pretty well:

it's all because of Jesus I'm alive
it's all because the blood of Jesus Christ
that cover's me and raised this dead man's life
it's all because of Jesus I'm alive

Wishing you all the best in 2011! Happy Quilting!

12 comments:

  1. I'm going wild!! The colors are fabulous!! I plan on working on this quilt the rest of the weekend. I hope I can get the pieces done (I'll admit I cheated and put together center of the 30 blocks already hee hee!) Best wishes to you and your family in 2011!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on getting so far on the Mystery quilt! I look forward to seeing the next step.
    My wishes for your and your family in the new year!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things. Philippians 4:8

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy/proud of you for finishing all the blocks. You are an inspiration~ I'll get there. A little slower but I'll get there :)

    Love your thoughts too. What's the name of that song? I like the words.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look at YOU with all the quilt parts done!!! GREAT job!!! Nice words of inspiration here, but don't say that the Air Force might change you so quickly......I'd like to get to see you a few more times before that happens!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to see that quilt when it's done - you've done a great job so far. God Bless and Happy New Year to you and yours, Michelle.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! You are incredible with that monster quilt! Can't wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I knew I'd love your colors when you first talked about doing the red and green and gold. It's gonna be gorgeous!! LOVE, Love that song! Our praise team does it and it's all I can do to not jump up and down! LOL Sounds like it's going to be a great, great year!
    Blessings,
    Mary Lou

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your quilt is going to be stunning. Congratulations on being up to date. Putting the blocks together should be a breeze after all of that string piecing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Isn't that a pile of sewing though! I feel like I've been through the ringer :) on my first mystery.
    Keep up the good work, Sharyn

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your colors! Yours is the first I've seen doing different colors than Bonnie, so I can't wait to see it all put together. I am still making red hsts and still need to make the string blocks, but I will get there.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your colourway. My blocks will make a nice lap size quilt. Hasn't this been a fun ride? I can't wait to see the border instructions.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!