Wednesday, January 19, 2011

BOM progress

I love Block of the Month projects. Maybe too much! They seem like such a good idea when you sign up, then suddenly they start piling up, untouched. I'm trying to be better about that and I think I've done good with all my current BOM's! Everything is caught up for January!

The first one is a stash BOM...I'm making it from my own fabrics. This is the February banner from the "Count on It" book:
Next is a quilt called Village Square...this picture actually has months 1 and 2 (and a kitty). The sheep in the second row isn't fused until the next block is attached. I also haven't appliqued the pieces yet, because I'm still undecided on what type of stitch I want to do (they are fused, though). If you happen to have this pattern...read it very carefully! There are numerous mistakes in the cutting directions. :(
Third is the first block from a new BOM at a (sort of - it's over an hour away) LQS. The quilt is called "Friendsheep." My friend, Irene and I are doing it together. Each month, the little sheep has a different holiday/seasonal theme. The applique is wool on a cotton background.
Last, are block 6 and 7 from the Snow Days BOM. Block 6 was actually from December, but with Christmas and a little project called Roll Roll Cotton Boll, I got a little sidetracked!!
Here's block 6:
....and block 7. It's not actually sewn together yet because my sewing machine is in the shop this week for a much needed rest and cleaning! I had done the pieced portion last week, but just finished the embroidery today.
There are four sections of pieced blocks for the Snow Days quilt as well and this is Section 3. I think we are about 1/2 way through this BOM. Yay!!


Happy Quilting!

11 comments:

  1. I just love all of your projects...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just bought the Village Square Pattern by Whimsicals. Please share with me the errors so I can pencil them in on my pattern! Yours is adorable. Did you buy a kit with the fabrics?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a nice job on the mini...i like your fabrics too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a lover of BOM. Everything you are working on is wonderful. I had to go on a google search for the Count On It book and I think I have to order it - lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your February banner! And that sheep is so cute! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The "Friendsheep" block is adorable! Boy, you have been very busy and productive.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the "Friendsheep" too . So cute :) Still my most favorite though is the "Snow Days" quilt. It is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm with The Other Barb, the Snow Days is still my favorite as well. This is going to be a very special quilt. Also like the play on words with Friendsheep, so cute! You are staying very busy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. where can i get Friendsheep? its cute n i raise sheep a few mi from u west of Dover

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have to admit to being jealous - you have some great projects!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Michelle! You amaze me! You get so much done! I was going to write, "My favorite is..." but I looked at them again and can't decide. They are all wonderful! :)

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!