Monday, January 31, 2011

Two Finishes!

I finished two quilts this past week! This first one is from the 9 Patch Challenge from last summer. Remember, we were making one 9 Patch block per day for 90 days? I didn't get all the way to 90, but I'm pleased with what I did accomplish! The twisted layout design is from the Mary Quilts website. I quilted this one with a simple all over meander.

The second quilt is an old, OLD project from 2004. We were living at Ft. Leavenworth, Kansas, at the time and it was one of those Saturday Samplers from the LQS (Quilter's Quarters). I had it assembled into a top for forever and finally sent it to the quilter late last year. It sat in the basket just needing the binding. I think this one is going to be a gift for a special family member. :)

I have two more quilts that are quilted and just need binding...so stay tuned!

Happy Quilting!

10 comments:

  1. Great job on both. Especially like the way you did the 9-patch scrappy. Certainly a productive weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on finishing two UFO's!! I still have my 9 patches in a basket...I didn't get to "90" either, but have enough to make something with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful finishes. I love that spinning nine patch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those both look great! Love the crooked nine patches! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you! I love both of them!

    My word verification is handid. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I soooo love your quilts!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice finishes! I've got a stack of nine patches sitting...may pop over to see that pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your finishes!! Great quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, you just keep turning these out! I love them both, of course, especially the "wonky" twisted one. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on some beautiful finishes!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!