Wednesday, February 09, 2011

couple more finishes and something unexpected...

Here are two more quilts I finished over the last week or so. The first is made from a Saltbox Harvest layer cake. I assembled the top at retreat in November, but obviously didn't finish it time for fall. But now, it's ready for THIS fall. :) I quilted it with a simple all over meander with a red thread. I'm not sure if Smokey approves or not....he's being a little standoff-ish here. :P
The second quilt is the blue toddler quilt. I'm really pleased with how this quilt turned out! I hope some little boy will give it plenty of love. :)
Guess what? I'm going on a quilting retreat...today! A friend of mine called me last night at 10pm to say that someone had to drop out at the last minute, so there was an open spot if I wanted to go. I decided why not!! LOL The retreat starts TODAY about 1pm, so I've been scurrying to gather all my supplies and projects. I'm excited...I know we'll have a fun time. I only know the one gal I'm going with, but I'm sure I'll make plenty of new friends. :) A special thanks to my hubby for encouraging me to go...he knows how much I love to sew! :)

Happy Quilting!

12 comments:

  1. Love both your guilt finishes... and HOW EXCITING to go on a quilt retreat today! I know you'll have tons o' fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice to get away for a few days of sewing, so I'm sure you'll have a nice time. I'll look forward to hearing all about it when you return.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that SaltBox Harvest line. I really need to get me some! The quilts look fabulous!

    Have fun on your trip, you lucky girl! I'm sure you'll make a ton of new friends!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lucky you, have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done...and have some fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice quilts Michelle! I love the fall one, but I am partial to those colors. Have a great time at retreat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Give Smokey some time, I'm sure he'll warm up to that quilt. Maybe it's the bright colors that he has to get used to first. I love that you quilted with red thread. It's a great quilt! The blue one is also great, but like Deb I'm partial to the more colorful one. Take lots of pictures at retreat!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both quilts turned out nice...and have fun at retreat!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your quilts! I have a jelly roll of Saltbox Harvest that I can't wait to make into something! Enjoy the retreat! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have a wonderful time...love the quilts!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. lucky girl to go on a spur-of-the-moment retreat!! and I just LOVE the 2 new quilts...great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful! I don't know why your kitty is being so standoffish--that looks like a snuggly quilt!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!