Monday, February 14, 2011

Roll Roll Cotton Boll...

Are you tired of hearing about this quilt yet? LOL This -should- be my last post about it because...it's finished! I finally finished the binding last night. Compared to how quickly I assembled the quilt top, it seemed like the binding took forever! :P

I'm really happy with this quilt...my only teeny tiny complaint is I wish it was a bit bigger to fit better on a queen size bed. I have it pulled over to the left side here for the picture, so there isn't much hangover on the other side. You can see the other quilt hanging out from under it, too. Oh well, one day I will have a guest bedroom, so I'll just make sure we get a double size bed for that room. I actually have a couple quilts that will look nice on a double bed, so I'm all set! This quilt is HEAVY...it's going to be nice to sleep under on cold nights.
Here's a close up of the swirl quilting design...
I used a lot of Christmas fabrics, but they aren't really too apparent until you look up close. The black in the HSTs has little circles in green, gold, and red.
Love it!!


21 comments:

  1. Your quilt has turned out beautiful. I really wish, I had joined making the quilt. I think, you did a very fast job by making the quilt.
    Enjoy the quilt on cold nights and days :-).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt is beautiful! I finally finished my 600 units. Had to take a rest from it.Yours is definately my inspriation. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your RRCB and the one hanging behind the bed.

    Several questions...

    ~Did you machine quilt it yourself?

    ~Is that a pantograph or free motion?

    ~Where can I get the quilting pattern??

    ReplyDelete
  4. That quilt looks so pretty on the bed. I'd not have realized you had a lot of Christmas-type fabrics in there...it doesn't scream Christmas...that's for sure! Great job on it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! It has all my favorite colors -- the greens, golds and reds, and I'd have to say yours is probably my favorite of all the color options I've seen on the net! Great quilting pattern, too. I also love the quilt above the bed. Is it orginal or a pattern I could find? :-)
    Blessings!
    Mary Lou

    ReplyDelete
  6. WONDERFUL ! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is one amazing quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your RRCB quilt and the bed too! They go perfectly together!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Phyllis8:30 AM

    The quilt is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely beautiful! As always, you've done a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous! Great job, Michelle.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nope, I'm not sick of hearing about it! I love it! What a beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks wonderful! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's wonderful!! I bet it is heavy with all those seams.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just beautiful Michelle! I'll get mine finished one of these days :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW...It's a beauty. I am starting to think I want to go back and make some of the mysteries I haven't made yet...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my gosh, it's a beauty Michelle. And I love the quilting. Looks like you girls are keeping Sandi busy. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous...you did a great job on this mystery quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats! I love the colours you picked and Wow the quilting is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!