Wednesday, February 23, 2011

UFOs & Block of the Months

I have a couple completed UFOs to share with you. The first one is at least a couple years old and it's made from 30's reproduction fabrics and kona black. The blocks are from a year long swap with Peggy and Robin. I'm ashamed to say, I had started quilting this one almost 2 years ago and for some reason, I stopped and never finished it until now. I liked the challenge of piecing this one and getting all the miscellaneous sizes to fit! I quilted meandering loops all over with black thread.

I'm also always happy to use leftovers on the back!
This is a Thimbleberries runner that I assembled back in November at retreat. In true Thimbleberries style, it's HUGEMONGOUS!! It could be used as a quilt for a skinny person in a pinch. :P It's really pretty though..the pattern and fabric are from the Thimbleberries Pines and Roses line.

I also did a pretty good job keeping up with my block of the months! Here is the March Banner from the Count on It book.
February Friend Sheep block...
and March, too!!
I'm a bit behind on my Snow Days block for February, but hopefully I'll catch up soon! I've had lots of binding to do lately! :P


Happy Quilting!!

9 comments:

  1. Adorable March Friend Sheep! The others UFO's are great too but the sheep made me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle, you are so killing me with the remark about the Thimbleberries runner size. Not that I'm a skinny person, but some of those runners are HUGE. I do want to put some plates and glasses on the kitchen table, you know?

    Love the sheep blocks. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving that black background quilt... it's amazing! Also love that you used extra blocks on the back too!

    The sheep blocks are adorable... and I just saw one of those mini quilt stands recently... that is such a neat idea...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such wonderful things going on over there...love it all...totally!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the black quilt! And your sheep are so cute! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are just BLAZING through that UFO list! Everything is just gorgeous...great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both of your completed UFO's are amazing!! Your little monthly banner and blocks are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dang...your on fire and just roaring through those UFO's and I have to say I love that March!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Michelle, you get so much done! I love the '30's prints with black--very distinctive. I love the March BOM lambie, too! : )

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!