Sunday, March 06, 2011

I'm still here!

Not a lot to share lately...the last couple of weeks haven't been very productive. I have been accomplishing a few things, but nothing really to share. Some are work in progress things, some are top secret things for an upcoming retreat.

A week or so ago, I pulled out my "Christmas Wish" BOM from a couple years back. I wasn't really happy with how I had set the embroidery blocks, but Robin helped me with a border idea (even though what I ended up with wasn't what she envisioned. LOL). In the end, though, I'm much happier with it now and I have it all quilted and the binding sewn to the front. Just have to do the hand sewing part of the binding and add the hanging sleeve and it'll be done!
Of course, I had to share this picture of one of our quilt inspectors hard at work. They always work so diligently! They take their jobs seriously and are willing to work anytime I lay something out on the floor. LOL I could barely get these blocks all laid out before she was sniffing what I had in my hands. :)
Hopefully this week I'll have something more to share! I'm feeling it...this is going to be a good week! :)


Happy Quilting!

8 comments:

  1. Love your quilt inspector... looks as if the job is taken seriously!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will we get to see a pic of your whole embroidery quilt? My mom offered to embroider the blocks so I can piece and quilt one of these for myself. Love to see yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are still around, love the last picture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh....your quilt inspector reminded me of a well-loved black cat (Midnight) we had for years (before I was quilting). I think ours would have been a quilt inspector, too. Hope to meet yours someday soon! Nice sampler quilt, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those blocks all laid out, even under your inspector, are wonderful! Looking forward to the entire "Christmas Wish" project.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was looking closely at the blocks that your inspector is enjoying. They are really pretty.

    Nice wall hanging. Now you are all ready for christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Christmas Wishes quilt looks so much better than mine! I love the fabrics you used! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have some of that green fabric you used in your christmas wish quilt. And, I have those patterns yet to finish. giving me some good ideas. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!