Thursday, March 10, 2011

quilting

A few of you noticed and asked about the scrappy quilt blocks from this post. Can't get anything past you guys, can I?? LOL Well, I thought I'd give you just another peek...

Yesterday, I rented a quilting machine at a LQS and quilted it myself! It was sooo much fun! The machine they have in the shop is a HandiQuilter 18 Avante. I'm really impressed with this machine and table....it quilts beautifully and the table is very stable.
I just did freehand loops...I am comfortable with this design, but I need to start challenging myself and trying other things. :P I used a variegated thread, but it blended so well, you can hardly see it!
I'm sewing the binding on today, so maybe I'll have a picture of the finished quilt before too long! (no promises though...the Christmas Wish quilt is still waiting for the binding to be finished.)

Happy Quilting!

8 comments:

  1. Wow... the quilt looks great and I love the loopy quilting a lot! I think "big block" quits are very cool...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great quilting on a beautiful quilt. I look forward to seeing it all once you have the binding on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like so much fun....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Michelle...it's WONDERFUL!!! I wish there was a place near me who would give classes and then let you rent time on the machine. I'd really like to try that, too! GREAT job! Curious...how long did it take you to do the quilting on that one?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Doing great! Love the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job on this, perhaps you have a future in long-arm quilting for others as well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cool that you can rent a machine for the day! Looks like you did an awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Where in Delaware did you rent this? I would LOVE to be able to rent a machine and quilt my own big quilts!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!