Thursday, March 24, 2011

UFO and BOM progress

***Thank you all for commenting on my post looking for the Hooty Hoot fabric. I think I may have found some! Quilters are the best! ***

I think I'm caught up on all my monthly projects for March. Yay! First up is the Village Square block of the month. These are the first 6 blocks all assembled and appliqued.
I finally decided on an applique stitch. Once again, I copied my idol, Robin, who is also doing this BOM. It's simply a mini zig zag, but it's just the perfect touch! It adds just a touch of whimsy, I think. (you should be able to click on the pictures for a closer look)
Next is my Snow Days embroidery. The first picture are the blocks 8 & 9 from February, but I was a little late in finishing them....
And here is block 10 for March....again click for a closer look! :)
The April "Count on It" banner. Sorry for the lousy pictures....it's so dark and cloudy outside and makes my house too dark for good pictures!!
and also for May! We have lots of company and travel coming up in April, so I didn't want to get behind.
And finally, another UFO finished! Remember I showed you the quilting in this post? I finally finished stitching the binding. I'm really pleased with this quilt. It's sort of a "leftover" quilt, made with blocks leftover from various swaps, or blocks that weren't enough for a quilt on their own. It was just amazing how they all came together and worked so nicely in this quilt. Peggy gave me the "tree" blocks that make up the outer border. Can you believe there was almost exactly enough blocks for the entire border? I only made ONE extra tree block. Amazing!

11 comments:

  1. You have been busy making all sorts of wonderful creations!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have been a busy stitcher. so many neat pieces. Still lovin' your 'Snowy Days' quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the april and May...those are adorable. The quit is awesome and your stitchery is just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. More Hooty Hoot! This is one of my alltime favorite shops. Beware there is lots of good stuff on this site.
    http://www.homesteadhearth.com/shop/Fabrics/Riley-Blake/Hooty-Hoot.htm

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything looks awesome Michelle!!! love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh, Michelle, your work is wonderful BUT you sure make me (and maybe some others) look like I've been slacking off......I get hardly anything finished and you can show us tons of finished blocks and projects all at once. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! You've really been working hard! And everything is so pretty! You do fabulous work -- I'm glad I dropped by. I'll be a regular, now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Village blocks look so good!!! I'm WAY behind on this BOM -- from back when we found the error in the instructions...I need to get back into the groove with it! :-) Love the finishes!!
    Blessings,
    Mary Lou

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful finish.I really love the Snow Days embroidery but can't find it in France. Where do you buy it, please ?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Spring and color abounds in your post, and I love all of it, but that "Snow Days" quilt is still a favorite. It's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful work, as always! Your BOMs are amazing! I love following along with your progress on your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!