Sunday, April 24, 2011

Countdown to Retreat!!

I freely admit, I am blessed, lucky, and even just a little spoiled to be able to participate in a quilting retreat in Indiana every year in May. It's 4 days of incredible fun, fellowship, and quilting!! The retreat is hosted by Angela, and all the ladies have become amazing friends. Most of us only see each other once a year, but when we get together at retreat, it's like we just got together last week! :) The conversations just pick up where we left off.... We all belong to a yahoo group and that helps us to stay connected throughout the year. Of course, a few of the ladies also have blogs now.

You may recognize a few fellow retreaters from their blogs: Conni, Peggy, Robin, Laura, Vickie, Christie, Penny, and of course, Angela.

Retreat is just a little over two weeks away and the anticipation is almost too much to handle!! :) I've been working on a few retreat projects that are top secret, so no pictures for now. I decided I could show you pictures of what I think I will take to work on. The list keeps changing though! There is no way I'll be able to accomplish all the projects I'm packing, but I like to take a few options...just so I don't get bored. :P Yeah...right.

First up...a project called Points of Pride. It was in the AP&Q magazine last summer and I knew the second I saw the cover that I was going to make that quilt. I've been collecting fabrics ever since...this is just a sampling of my fabrics. It won't surprise you that Robin and Peggy jumped on board as well and they are bringing the same project. :) This isn't a "Quilt in a Day" quilt project, so I'll be happy just getting started and making some progress on this one.

Next up...an OLD, OLD ufo from 2008!! This is one of those Patchwork Party quilts...did you ever do one of those? Kind of an online shop hop...you visited 12 shops and bought a block kit from each and then chose a setting kit from one of the 12 shops. I made the 12 blocks in a timely manner and I think I did that 9 patch sashing at retreat a couple years ago. LOL Now it's heading back to Indiana!
Don't you love the outdoor picture??? It's finally a sunny day and the grass has turned a beautiful green. I just had to get out there and snap a picture. :)

The layout I chose is Geese on the Prairie...nice twist on the fabric line "Prairie Paisley." Oh how I loved that fabric...I have a table runner made from a charm pack of it too! Anyhoo...see that geese border? 128 of those buggers! Can you see why I packed it away? LOL I can do it! I'm precutting some of the units ahead of time, so I can just zip them together at retreat.

Next project in the queue is a baby quilt from this Hooty Hoot fabric. Remember I was on the hunt for it a few weeks back? Well, a couple of blogger friends came to the rescue and Pat hooked me up with Sherry who had some to share! The best part is Pat and Sherry also live in Delaware! In addition to acquiring the needed fabric, we met for lunch and I made a new friend! Thanks Sherry!!

This project is a "if I run out of anything else to do" project. Missouri Star Quilt Company had a Daily Deal too good to pass up and I am now the proud owner of this layer cake. :)

Okay...now I'm really dreaming and maybe I can get it done if I don't waste any time on sleep at retreat...but I love this quilt too! Called "Chain of Faith," it was recently on Moda Bake Shop and I had the two jelly rolls in my stash, so it was a perfect match!
Lastly, I am taking my pineapple blocks and 1.5" strip bin. I promised a few of the girls I'd demo the pineapple ruler, and I also just want to keep moving on this project. Maybe I can add a few blocks to my stack.

Whew!!! That is quite the list of projects for retreat! Who knows how much I'll get done, but I'm going to give it my best shot!! At least I know I have options and there will be no possible way to be bored! :P

Hope you all have a wonderful Easter Sunday.

~~ The greatest man, named Jesus, had no servants, yet they called him Master, had no degree, had no medicines, yet they called him Healer. Jesus had no army, yet kings feared Him. He won no military battles, yet he conquered the world. , Yet he was crucified. He was buried in a tomb, yet He lives today. He is Risen!! ~~

6 comments:

  1. You're going to be one busy sewer! I love that quilt from 2008! It's a beauty! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to look back on your post to make sure you said it was a 4 day retreat. Looks like you have enough to keep you busy for 4 weeks. LOL ! Anxious to see what you accomplish. Have a great time

    ~He is Risen Indeed~ Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Easter Blessings, Michelle! Wow, do you think that's enough to take?
    LOL - Just love looking at all your projects and finishes, your a great source of inspiration. Have a fantastic time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's all you're taking? slacker!
    HA HA.....
    I have my stuff all cut and in ziploc bags and in my travel cart :) Think I'm excited???

    I'll make a list tomorrow and take some pictures too :)

    Peg

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW....are you sure you're not exceeding your share of space in the car by taking so much stuff?? LOL Of course, I know you are a very productive quilter, so I bet you get a good bit of that done.....can't wait to see when you get back what you finished. (AND...it will be extra-great since I'll get to see some of it in person!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have fun at retreat and reconnecting with everyone! Always love seeing what you are working on. You Sew Girl!!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!