Saturday, April 02, 2011

It's that time of year again....

Every year, in May, I attend a quilting retreat in Indiana. It's 5-6 days of incredible fun, friendship, laughter, shopping, and of course, quilting! A couple of the highlights are the exchanges that we do...this year we are swapping pincushions and Christmas ornaments, along with a "Secret Sister" exchange. Needless to say, I'm working busy like a bee on these top secret projects. But that makes for a very boring blog because I can't show you pictures of what I'm working on! :P Rest assured, I'll share pictures as soon as I am able. :)

In the meantime, have you ever come across a project you just knew you had to do? That happened to me this week.

Jo at Jo's Country Junction was featured over at Moda Bake Shop with this quilt, called Chain of Faith. I immediately fell in love with it! I love the scrappy look, I love the design of the "chain" running through the blocks, I love the red! I just love it! The pattern calls for two jelly rolls plus a little extra yardage for the chain and border.

(this pictured is borrowed from Jo and Moda Bake shop!)

As further proof that I -need- to make this quilt...I've had these two jelly rolls in my stash for 3-4 years, but never really knew what I wanted to do with them. Talk about perfect! I will need to find the extra yardage, but after a quick look around online, I don't think that will be a problem. :) With the price of fabric increasing, it's always nice to find a way to use what you already have in "the stash!"
I plan to hold off starting this until retreat, but I'll share progress pictures!

Happy Quilting!

8 comments:

  1. Oh my... what a lovely quilt! Thanks for post the photo AND the link to the pattern!!!

    How fortunate you had two lovely jelly rolls in your stash... your quilt will be lovely.... and yes, I think I'm going to have to make one of those too! *lol*

    Have lots and lots of fun at your retreat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I LOVE Wildflower Serenade! It was the first jelly roll I ever bought! I did get it cut up but it's not made into a quilt yet. Must get to that soon! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having been a recent recipient of a very nice pincushion made by you, I know the retreat gals will love what you give them. That chain of faith quilt is a very nice pattern. What colors are in your jelly rolls that you'll be using?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I look forward to watching the progress of your quilt...it is a lovely quilt.

    Have fun at your retreat, take us lots of pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are using great self-control by not starting that until retreat!! Not sure I could wait. He-he! Glad I will get to see the progress live and up close.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pleasant surprise to happen upon your blog this morning. We have very similar taste. I've been collecting fabrics for Village Square so will be watching our progress.

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking forward to seeing this one when completed! Have fun with the gals doing it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Where in Indiana do you go? I'm originally from Northern Indiana - Plymouth (South Bend area if you know it.)

    Sounds like lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!