Thursday, June 02, 2011

Hooty Hoot

Remember a couple of months ago I went on a hunt for Hooty Hoot fabric? I am FINALLY taking the time to make the quilt! The truth is, I found out about 5-6 weeks ago that the mom-to-be changed her mind as is actually NOT using the Hooty Hoot for her nursery after all. I was a little torn at first about making the quilt with the fabric I had, but then just finally decided that I was going to run with it.

I'm sure she'll love it and who cares if it doesn't match the baby's room. I hope she'll use it in every other area AWAY from the nursery anyway...the stroller, the living room floor, etc. It's a gift that is meant to be used...not just displayed in a crib.

The baby is due THIS MONTH....so I have to keep moving on this baby. My plan is to have it quilted and bound before the weekend is over. :)

Happy Quilting!

11 comments:

  1. The colors are wonderful! Is that a disappearing 9-patch pattern? I just saw it somewhere else on the 'net. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Hooty Hoot quilt... and I'm sure the mom will appreciate your hard work and creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have still made it too! She loved the fabric at one point, I'm sure she is going to love the quilt. You're right too, the quilt won't just stay in the nursery looking pretty. Great quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's really lovely! I'm sure she'll like it. Once the fabric is purchased for a project is in your mind, it's difficult to try and make something else...It happens to me all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's looking great so far! I'm sure she'll still love it (and she might then be sorry she didn't use that in the nursery, too)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love those Hoot owls!! The quilt is wonderful!!!! Get crackin!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful quilt. What is the pattern? Good luck with the process!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your quilt will be well loved for many years to come, it's lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's a great quilt! I'm sure she'll love it! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a fabulous and awesome quilt! She will love it.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!