Wednesday, June 01, 2011

A little sightseeing and a little sewing....

Once again we had house guests this week, so we did a bit of sight-seeing. We spent Memorial Day at the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island. It was a gorgeous day...and very warm! It really is an amazing monument and I hope that all of you get a chance to see it in person at some point in your life!

This flag was displayed on the back of the ferry boat and blowing in the wind. I happened to glance back as we were leaving Liberty Island and saw this image. The sight of the American flag is always poignant, but seeing it with Lady Liberty like this was pretty cool!
I did skip out on some of the sight-seeing trips, and that gave me some extra time to sew. I'm working on this quilt, called Hometown Christmas by Thimbleberries. I have three of the four of the pattern booklets completed. The sections that are missing are in the fourth booklet, along with sashing and border stirps. With any luck, I just might have this on our bed by Christmas!

Happy Quilting!!

5 comments:

  1. WONDERFUL photos!!! I think I need to come visit so I can go to the Statue of Liberty and take your world famous tour of sites :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool, Michelle!! I've got Hometown Christmas in the line-up for sometime soon...I've got all the blocks done, need to decide if I wanna do the applique on the sashing/borders or not. I love this pattern! :-)
    Blessings,
    Mary Lou

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a GREAT photo with the flag and Lady Liberty. May I copy it and keep it in my file of pictures? It's been years since I visited there, but it is a very impressive place! Your T'berries quilt is coming along nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Having trouble leaving a comment now....tried to thank you TWICE (in emails) for the photo but both got returned and marked "undeliverable" AND my first comment to tell you that happened won't seem to go through here. Hope THIS one works now! Internet (and Blogger) are great when they work...but when they don't...UGH!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always love your Thimbleberries projects, this will be beautiful! The photo is indeed very special.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!