Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Binding Vacation

We're headed out for a few days of camping. We're going to northern PA and camping on the shores of Lake Erie...we're hoping for some cooler temperatures and a little relaxation! We'll probably take a little side trip to Niagra Falls too!

Of course a quilter never goes anywhere without taking a project or two to work on, right? I'm making this a binding vacation! I have THREE quilts to bind and my goal is to finish them while I'm away. Think I can do it? I think so....I hope so!

And yep...that is another quilt you see there on the left. It's the I Spy DNP that I made a few weeks ago. It's going to a sweet baby boy that was born on Sunday. I did an all over meander with grey thread.
Those are my goals for a long weekend getaway....what do you have planned for the weekend?

Happy Quilting!

11 comments:

  1. I'm so slow at binding that I would only have to take one quilt to bind on a long weekend. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am hoping to get some sewing in too! My fingers are crossed anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love your finishes!! All the more since I know you are breaking in that longarm...very inspiring!! Enjoy your binding vacation (the first of many!) and keep up the good work!!
    Blessings,
    Mary Lou

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wave when you drive past Shippensburg!!! have a great time :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is the perfect takealong project. Have fun while getting it done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a fun, safe and relaxing trip! I have a wedding reception planned for my son and daughter in-law who's just back from his honeymoon. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great projects to take, and my plans for the weekend are not nearly as cool as yours. Will stay inside to avoid the hot muggies, hope you find relief north!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just missed ya! I was on the Canadian side of the Falls last weekend. Enjoy your holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck getting them bound!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you enjoy your vacation! I always take something to work on no matter where I go. Today we were out in the hayfields working, I took yo-yo's with me to work on while I was taking a break! Hope you get all of your bindings finished.
    Kristie

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think you'll get them done. Enjoy your camping trip. I will probably try to get to the pool for a bit.....will avoid the beach on the weekends unless we have family or friends visiting who really insist on going (but this weekend that isn't the case).

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!