Monday, July 18, 2011

A new member of the family!

We have a new family member...Isn't she cute?? :) She weighs in at 70 some-odd pounds and is 30" in length. teehee... Seriously...this baby is a dream come true! I've dreamt of owning a longarm for many years and in the "grand plan" we always talked about getting one after retiring from the military. A few weeks ago, my wonderful hubby said he didn't want me to wait any longer. :) When is he going to retire anyway? LOL
Here is the room before set up...it's not a huge space, but it will do for now! This was my sewing room and I've had to disperse my shelves and cabinets to other parts of the house. I do still have my regular sewing machine in here...it's just off to the right in the picture, you can see just a corner of the table.
It really is at least a two person job....
It's coming together!
There she is! She likes her new home. :)
A few more adjustments....
And we have lights!!
Finally she was all ready to go! Believe me when I say I jumped right in and got her up and running! I loaded some muslin and zoomed right off! Please don't look too closely! I need lots and lots of practice!
After a couple of days of practicing on muslin...I decided it was just time to jump in and get my feet wet with a "real" quilt. This is a charity top you might remember from an earlier post. By now you might have realized why I was assembling all those tops over the last few weeks...I was getting ready for my big arrival!! I quilted this one with a stars and loops edge to edge pattern and I'm actually really pleased with it!
I'm so happy with my new toy and so excited to be able to quilt my own quilts and eventually quilt for others too!

19 comments:

  1. Congrats! Happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your new addition to the family! She's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!! What fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You lucky, lucky girl. We used to have a shop that rented time on their machine. That was fun. Another shop is offering a class where the Gammill dealer will come and demo. It's tomorrow but I can't get away from work. Someday.....

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how exciting!!! Can't wait to see all of the quilting that you get done!
    Kristie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Reading your post this morning made me smile :-) Enjoy your new baby.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations!!! I know you will enjoy using it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can hear the excitement through your post! Happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow!!! That was an extra special delivery. You are going to love it and have so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so excited for you and can't wait to come and see you in action one day soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations! How exciting for you! And your quilting already looks pretty good to me! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats! A new long arm machine is something to celebrate for sure! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is fantastic! UFO's will be unheard of in your house! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am just so EXCITED for you Michelle!! I know you'll put her to good use for many years to come!!! woohoo!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations, you lucky duck!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I was waiting for this post...you go, Michelle! It is surely going to be worth everything you went through. It looks fabulous! Best of luck with your new "business" -- surely you will find lots of folks who want to hire you for their quilts. One question, does "she" have a name? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  17. How sweet! Congrats, Michelle! Looking forward to pictures of your finished quilts...if you have time to be on the internet anymore!! LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, Michelle, you're so lucky! Congrats! I know you will be spending so much time playing on this!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'd been wondering when you would get and post about your longarm. Congrats!! I've been out of the loop so to speak and just now getting back to catching up.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!