Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Did I do it?

We had a wonderful mini vacation to Lake Erie. Our campsite was right on the lake (a little foliage separated us from the water), so we had a great view of seemingly endless water! We saw a couple barges/shipping boats out in the distance, but for the most part the lake was calm. There were a couple of jet skis zooming around too and that was fun to watch...especially when they were pulling those water tubes behind them. We spent one day out on the lake in a different area. We rented a boat and zoomed around the water for a few hours and had lunch out on the boat. I didn't take my camera though because I was worried about it getting wet. I'm telling you...our little boat got jostled around in the wake of some bigger boats. Later in the afternoon when the wind picked up, we hit a few waves too. All of us were feeling a little "blah" by the time we got back on land. It was fun though!

Look at this beautiful sunset we enjoyed every night. Our campsite was so peaceful and cool enough to have a campfire at night.
Sunday we ventured up to Niagara Falls...we actually visited both the US and Canadian sides. I've been once before, back in '92, but never to the Canadian side. Here is Zach looking out from the American side.
There is just so much water and it's moving so rapidly. Where is all that water coming from...and where is it going? LOL These are questions I ponder....guess I should have paid better attention in geography class. :P
This is the view of Horseshoe Falls from the Canadian side. I have to say, I think this is a better view!
More of the American Falls...
It was a gorgeous day!
This sign made me giggle....
Okay....I won't keep you in suspense any longer! Yes!! I did get all my bindings finished! Yay me!

Happy quilting!!

9 comments:

  1. I'm impressed! The quilts look good.
    Loved the scenery! I haven't been to Niagra Falls since I was 14 and I won't say how many decades have passed since then. My husband has never been there and three years ago when we had been on our long wished for "New England in the fall" trip I suggested we swing over to the falls before flying out of Rochester to come back home. He decided he had been driving long enough and opted not to take the side trip. Seeing your photos makes me wish once again that he had done it. I tried to convince him that it would be worth it, but he felt like I had already seen it and it wasn't that important to him. But we both love waterfalls and as I look at the majesty of the place in your photos, I think he would have been glad if he had gone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been to Niagra Falls but it is on my list to go someday. So beautiful!

    Glad you got your bindings done! I love doing bindings, I find it very relaxing.
    Kristie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations and great pics!! The sky is sooooooo blue!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful and very productive weekend! The bindings look great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you were able to come over to "our side". Come back anytime! Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful vacation pictures!Congrats on getting your binding done :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful sunset! And what great pictures of Niagara Falls too! I haven't been there in years!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pictures Michelle. Looks like a great time. And congrats on getting all your bindings done. Yay, finished quilts!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Falls are amazing, aren't they! Good job finishing your bindings, too. And I love your FW blocks. That's another one of my UFOs that needs to be unearthed. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!