Thursday, August 18, 2011

Pets on Quilts




I've been seeing all the Pets on Quilts posts this week and decided my quilt inspectors couldn't be left out! I have two very dedicated, very well trained quilt inspectors and they take their jobs very seriously!

Inspector #1 is Whiskers. She will be 15 years old in October, but you'd never know it...she's healthy as a horse. :P She's the shy kitty of the bunch, but she is loyal and knows who her mama is!

Inspector #2 is Smokey....he is 5 years old and he's, um, well, he's a bit more robust than Whiskers. He's is our "cling-on" kitty...he's a bit needy and likes to cuddle. :P He requires many naps during his inspection duties, as you can see in this picture.

Whiskers finds the best places to be on the lookout and she loves boxes...especially ones that have "Fat Quarter Shop" on the side. :P In this picture, she is helping me find that book I need for my next quilt project...

I know this is "Pets ON Quilts," but how about Pets UNDER Quilts? Smokey loves to get between the quilt and the other blankets...whenever I see a big lump in the bed, I know Smokey is taking another nap.


Whiskers likes to observe while I'm sewing....the sewing machine table makes for a nice back-rest, don'tcha know?

Pincushions make nice pillows too...just sayin'....

In this picture, Smokey is still a bit of a kitten and you can see Whiskers in the background observing, making sure Smokey is inspecting the quilt properly...

New fabric is so nice for napping....especially when it's under the "heat lamp."

Lastly, I'd like to introduce you to our temp-inspector, Galaxy. She lived with us for a few months along with our daughter. She learned the job of quilt inspector in no time flat and became quite proficient. Galaxy and her mama have their own apartment now, but she comes down for visits occasionally.

I picked this quilt top up off the floor to keep the kitties off of it, but that didn't stop Galaxy...she just thought I moved it so she'd have a better look at the bird feeder.


Isn't she pretty? I like the contrast of her black fur next to the colorful array of fabrics in this quilt.

I hope you enjoyed seeing the pictures of our fur-babies. It was hard to just pic a few! If you want to see more pictures of quilters and their pets, head on over to SewCalGal and check it out!

40 comments:

  1. What a lovely bunch of kitties!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous quilts!
    Your felines are so beautiful too. They look so snuggly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love the photo of Smokey doing 'under cover' work. Lovely quilts displayed with beautiful inspectors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are all fun, but I love the cat in the cupboard finding the book. Looks like you are never alone in your work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It does appear that they all take their jobs seriously.

    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. the cats are wonderful, I really like the black one.. and the quilts are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely cats, lovely quilts, but my favourite pic is the cart in the cupboard.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whiskers and Sokey are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your quilt inspectors... even if they nap on the job, they are certainly diligent!

    ReplyDelete
  10. More than enjoyed the photos, I LOVED them! Have always loved your quilt inspectors, you know. One thought, has Whiskers (or was it Smokey?) remembered the bout with swallowing a pin? I think it was one of yours, and I've kept my pins under wraps since reading about that a long time ago. My little Sasha would no doubt find them if they were around anywhere. Kitties always are investigating these things!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We love the kitties!!!! Smokey loves to curl on up quilts too... and on my cutting table to look out the window.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awwww....love those kitties! Something about seeing a cat stretched out on a quilt that looks so relaxing.

    Have a great day
    Kristie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your kitties are adorable. My favorite picture is the one of Whiskers asleep on the pincushion - precious! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your cats are so cute. Love the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very sweet kitties! And cute photos!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You have a lot of wonderful quilts. But then, you have many quilt inspectors! So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What lovely quilting helpers you have there! It never hurts to have a second opion when it comes to quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful pictures! I love the one of Smokey under the quilt. So funny. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great pic's, Michelle. I like Barbara (comment above) learned the pins/needles and cats lesson from Smokey. Thanks Smokey!

    ReplyDelete
  20. All those inspectors must keep you on your toes!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I laughed out loud at the photo of the cat napping under the lamp. They certainly make themselves at home in your sewing area, don't they!

    ReplyDelete
  22. The quilt that Galaxy loves is gorgeous!! She has good taste. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. My cat hasn't tried using a pincushion for a pillow -- yet! Great photos of the inspectors.

    ReplyDelete
  24. They are quite the helpers! Love Smokey under the quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful cats! Love the photo of "cat under a quilt"! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Pretty kitties and pretty quilts!
    Love the last pic of your grand cat!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love all of your helpers! Especially the one looking for the book :-)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Ahhhhh it's a cat's life over at your house!!
    P

    ReplyDelete
  29. Your kitties are precious! Love the photo with the pincushion headrest!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thank you for sharing your lovely kitties with me. My dogs will not allow me to have a kitty, so I do enjoy looking at photos of other folks kitty companions.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Your pictures are wonderful, I love the one of smokey under the blanket Oh and pincushion pillow? HA! The last photo is really cool, I love as you mentioned the contrast of blacck to colors in the back, but also how you got Galaxy in focus and the colors just melt behind. Really cool shot.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Great post! Love seeing all the photos of the kitties. Edgar Poe likes to burrow under quilts but he spends a lot of time burrowing and very little time under the quilt. BTW burrow time is usually after I'm sleeping *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  33. Lovely pictures. I especially like the one with the pin cushions.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Thanks for showing some great pics of your pretty kitties. I especially love the one or Whiskers in the cupboard.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Oh my goodness, these photos made me laugh. What cuties! Love all your quilts too!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Now tell me how in the world do you rotary cut with your dearly beloved cat sleeping there? Truly I'd love to know because when that happens to me I'm always afraid I'll snag a tail that flicks during sleep so I really don't like cutting with cats on the mat.

    Love that you picked up the quilt to keep the cats off and your daughter's cat just had to find it anyway. As you said, a very proficient quilt inspector.

    ReplyDelete
  37. That *is* a nice pic of Galaxy against the colors - but then, you got a lot of really fun shots! Love Smokey UNDER the quilt! Our siamese does that a lot during the winter. :D

    ReplyDelete
  38. oh my goodness your photos make me want to have a multi-kitty snuggle :)

    ReplyDelete
  39. Hi Michelle, quilts and cats are a natural, aren't they? I posted your quilt on my blog today! So cute! Thanks for the picture!

    ReplyDelete
  40. beautiful, all very good inspectors. Love the one on the ironing board.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!