Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Wednesday Stuff

I think Irene blew my mojo up over the North Atlantic somewhere...anyone see it go by? I've been so unproductive this week so far! One thing I needed to do after returning home after the storm was to "un-hurricane-ize" my house. What a chore that was...for some reason, it was really hard to do and I had to force myself to get it done. I finally have everything back in place now though. My sewing machine and longarm are all back in place, lamps are plugged back in, sewing table cleaned and ready to go. Time to get back on track and focus on regular life!!

I do have some pictures from before the storm's interruption though! This first quilt belongs to my BFF in Idaho, Tammy. She's also my cousin by marriage, but she can still be a BFF, right? I think so! She's an avid quilter, like myself, so we are two peas in a pod.

The purples and pinks are so much prettier in real life. I don't know why they look so washed out in the picture!

I quilted it on my longarm using a pattern called Hearts in Bloom. I used a variegated purple thread. I am so pleased with the results! I think she'll love it too.
Remember the back of a quilt I showed last week? Here is the front my Stitchin' Time wall hanging. Like I said before, this is my first attempt at custom quilting...so it's far from perfect. (you can click the pic for a larger view) You might remember, I made another quilt just like this one a few weeks back. The kit was so generous, I had enough for two quilts, except for having to add some background fabric. That's my kind of kit!!
I just love the colors in this quilt!
Lastly, here is my grown up boy...I can't believe he's about to start his SENIOR year of college. Where does the time go?? This was the first time I'd seen him in his flight suit, so I begged for a picture. He knows he can't say no to his mama, so he obliged. :)
In this picture, he's asking, "This won't get posted on Facebook, will it?" I told him no....but I never said I wouldn't post it on my blog. heehee :) I love him.
Last but not least....Weigh in Wednesday. No change this week...but that means no gain either. I have to consider that a good thing after the events of this past week!!

Happy Quilting!
p.s. don't forget to enter my giveaway for MyMemories Scrapbook Software!

10 comments:

  1. What a handsome young man! Will he head to TX for flight training after graduation?

    The pink/purple quilt is beautiful. Somehow purples never show up like they are. The quilting is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Handsome young man, Michelle! Glad he was in a posing mood. And, no gain is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That pink and purple heart quilt is so sweet. I've never seen that pattern. You did a beautiful quilting job.
    The little quilt is nice,too--great "fist time" custom quilting. Doesn't look like a first to me.
    Obviously a son to be proud of!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A handsome young man and beautiful quilts! Your longarm machine quilting is wonderful Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely lovely projects, Michelle. I can see that long-arm and you were meant to be together.
    Handsome guy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a handsome young man!!

    Love your quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice photos of your son! Your quilting is darling on the pink and lavender quilt. And your Stitchin' Time looks great! How nice that you got two out of that kit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun to see your young man in his flight suit...reminds me of our early years in the military....all so young, then and looking good!

    Enjoyed seeing your quilts as always.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your Stitchin Time quilt!!! Did you hang it yet?

    And as the other girls have said....Handsome boy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are doing SO good with your long-arm work. I can't wait to get up there and see you in action with it. Maybe one day week after next? (The week of Sept. 12??) Wednesdays are my worst weekdays due to bell practice right after dinner those evenings. Your son looks great. gosh....I can't believe he's a senior, either, and that it was already 3 years ago I was making a contact with you as you were preparing to get him set up in Delaware...not knowing if you or I would ever meet! Time does fly.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!