Monday, September 12, 2011

a little update...

It seems I don't have a lot to blog about lately! Actually, I've done quite a bit of quilting on my longarm, but some of the quilts were for a friend, and I want her to see the quilting before I share it here. I quilted two things for myself too, but I thought I should finish the binding first! I should have pictures soon.

But, here is something I can share! This the monthly wool penny rug from Buttermilk Basin. This is "August." I'm not really sure why sheep for August, but oh well, I'll take it. :) At first, this one didn't thrill me 100%, but as it was coming together, it started to really grow on me! You should be able to click on it for a closer look.

Second, I thought I would share this delicious soup! It's called Mexican Chicken Corn Chowder. I might have actually already shared it on here, but I just can't help it, I have to share it again. It's sooo delicious and is definitely a favorite in our house. Whenever the temperature starts to cool down, I immediately start craving soups. I don't know what made me think the temperature was dropping, 'cause it's still a little steamy out there.

MEXICAN CHICKEN CORN CHOWDER
3 T butter/marg.
4 chicken breast cut bite-sized
1 onion chopped
2 cloves garlic minced
2 cups half and half
2 cups shredded monterrey jack cheese
2 cans cream corn
2 cans chopped green chiles
1/2 t hot sauce (or more)
1/4 t salt (or to taste)
1/2-1 t cumin (I don't add this)
2 T chopped fresh cilantro (or this, not a cilantro fan)
*melt butter and add chicken/onion/garlic and saute
*stir in next 7 ingredients and cook over low heat, stirring often for 15 minutes
*stir cilantro in when soup is ready
*serve with extra cheese sprinkled on top

Happy Quilting!!

6 comments:

  1. Baa! I love sheep, and this is soooo cute! And, I could eat soup year 'round. Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In August in Soldier Hollow Utah there are some international sheep dog trials, but I don't think that has anything to do with it. : )
    Soups sounds yummy--with the cumin and cilantro!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love homemade soups....would probably not have this one be as spicy as my stomach doesn't like spice anymore! (Never could do real spicy anyway.) The little sheep piece is cute. I can't wait to see your long-arm next week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, yes....LOVE the fall banner on your blog, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for the recipe. I love soups. Sometimes I have to break down and make some even though it is usually warm here.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!