Friday, September 02, 2011

more quilting....

This is another top I quilted for Tammy. Isn't it cute? She made it for her grandson, Alexander. It's flannel and it's an activity quilt! That panel in the center is a scavenger hunt list and you can search through all the cute fabrics to find the things on the list. The pictures aren't the best, but I want to get it in the mail today and this was the best I could do!
I quilted it with freehand swirls. Again...a first. Thank you, Tammy, for letting me experiment on your quilt! LOL I hope you like it!
Can you believe this is the back? I'm not sure which side I like better!
I can tell already, this quilt is going to be comfy-cozy in the cold winter months. Zander will surely snuggle up with this one!

Hope you all have a wonderful Labor Day weekend!

9 comments:

  1. What a very fun quilt for a little one! Your freehand swirls look really nice. Both sides of the quilt are great--one for activity time and one for nap time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great quilt! I like the back better! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the quilting Michelle! and I love the back! what a fun quilt for a child :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. you have been busy...I don't know which I like, the front or the back, better

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a great quilt made even better (if possible) by that great swirly quilting you did!!! Hey...I keep forgetting to tell you that Sherry (you met her with me at Serendipity and we did lunch with you and your friend once) now works at Serendipity, so if you see a gal you recognize next time you are there, it is probably her!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a neat quilt, love the swirly quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cute! And it's full of "fun".

    ReplyDelete
  8. That long arm has given you a new career. The swirls are great!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!