Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Wednesday Stuff

It's weigh in Wednesday and I'm happy to report I'm down 3 more pounds! I realized I didn't report in last week...I think the holiday on Monday threw me off and I lost track of days. So the 3lbs is over two weeks, but that's okay...I'll take it!

Not much in the quilty department to share, unfortunately...but I did get a couple of cute kitty pictures and they both involve my quilty stuff! What is it about fabric that draws these cats to it?

Galaxy is here visiting for a few days and she discovered the little bin with my leader/ender squares in it. Two draws here...the box and the fabric. She looks a little annoyed in this picture, but she was pretty content sitting there. :)

Last night, I was trying to finish up the binding on this donation quilt....I try to keep the cats off of any quilts I plan to give away, but Whiskers was just determined this time! She sat beside me on the couch and every time she nudged forward, I would put my arm up and say, "not this time, Whiskers." But before I knew it, she got through my defenses and immediately hunkered down. Before too long, she was completely relaxed and loving this quilt. She just purred and purred while she lay there. It's was so cute, I couldn't bring myself to disturb her. Which also meant I couldn't adjust the edges of the quilt to continue working on the binding! LOL You can see her eyes are open....she was just enjoying the warmth of the quilt. She stayed there for about an hour. :P
Just FYI...this quilt will be washed before sending it off for donation. :)

Happy Quilting!!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on the weight loss! My son always reminds me that we put it on a pound or two at a time and that is how it should come off (if we want it to stay off).
    I'm one of those people who are allergic to cats, but I am fascinated by all of the photos various cat-owning quilters post about their cats getting so "involved" in their quilt projects. Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very resourceful to find a way to keep working in spite of an in-your-face-kitty! They love to be the center of everything we do, don't they? So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwwww love the black kitty!!! I've got my very own little black lovey myself! So precious. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny...that is exactly what happens to me every time I attempt to sew down binding! Our kitties love a nice comfy quilt too!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!