Thursday, October 06, 2011

Another project??

I'm outta control...I DO NOT need another project. Seriously, I don't. So, why did I buy this? LOL 'Cause I'm weak....and it's so cute! The little pinwheels are dimensional! I found the pattern last weekend while shopping with Peggy and Robin. Then, when I was at a (sort of) local quilt shop here in Delaware, I discovered they had Christmas fabrics on sale. I still need to find a border fabric, but the six on the right are for the trees and pinwheels and on the left you see the background fabric and striped fabric for the binding.
I think it was Pat's quilt that put the idea for a Christmas quilt in my head. That's my story anyway. :P

Happy Quilting!

8 comments:

  1. LOVE IT! That pattern is sooooo cute! It would be hard to pass that one up! Love those fabrics too!
    Kristie

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is going to be a great quilt!!! I'll be interested in seeing those pinwheels that you said are dimensional. And...it's okay if you blame me for making you want to start a new project! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. A sale on Christmas fabric? Oh my...

    I was at my LQS just yesterday and saw both the pattern and fabrics... was soooo tempted but have too many irons in the fire right now.

    Can't wait to watch your progress on this quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a fun pattern. You'll have this sewn up in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh but what lovely Christmas fabrics -- this will be a joy to work with! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That pattern is way too cute--great fabrics! My LQS has been having Christmas fabrics on sale and a 25% of coupon. What was my solution to that temptation? I didn't go to the store--'cause I know I would have caved! Do you know how hard it was to NOT print out that coupon? : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dimensional pinwheels! Be still my heart. I've collected a few patterns but haven't made them yet.
    Can't wait to see your quilt finished.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would've given in too! I've been seeing those Christmas prints lately and am wanting them (and a Christmas quilt) like nobodies business.

    The three dimensional pinwheels would've easily pushed me that last little bit to start another project ;)

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!