Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Christmas Pineapples

Just had to show you this quilt I quilted for Pat. Isn't is neat? It's made with Gyleen Fitzgerald's pineapple template and was part of a "stash" challenge on Facebook. I think Pat did an amazing job making this top entirely from stash....even the backing!
You might remember I started a pineapple quilt with this ruler earlier this year. Seeing this top makes me want to pull that one out again and finish it up!
I love the bright, Christmas-y fabrics....there some oldies, but goodies in there that I know I have in my stash too! The quilting pattern is called "Curlz."

Makes me almost wishing it was Christmas-time....almost...

Happy Quilting,

7 comments:

  1. I love the quilting job you did on this quilt for me, Michelle!!! In addition to using Gyleen's pineapple tool ruler to trim the blocks, I used my GO! cutter to cut out all the pieces for the top......my 1 1/2 inch strip cutter die and my 3 1/2 inch HST die. That made this top a breeze and lots of fun, too. I hope to get the binding done this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw the top on Pat's blog and thought it was just lovely. And now with your quilting done, it's even more beautiful! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw this one on Pat's blog and just knew you were the quilter! Well done to both of piecer and quilter! You guys made a great team!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome job you did, lovely quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a very fun Christmas quilt. Great quilting job. A Pineapple quilt is on my bucket list (but then what quilt isn't?).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow-weeeee! I love it! I'm always afraid to buy Christmas fabrics because I don't know what to do with them. LOL! This is perfect! Love your quilting too!
    Kristie

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!