Monday, October 24, 2011

Just had to share...

After quilting for 20 years, I finally entered a quilt in a quilt show! Our local guild joined together with three other area guilds for their biennial quilt show this weekend. One night at guild meeting they said our guild was short on entries, so I thought...why not? I'll give it a shot.

You probably remember my "Busy Little Christmas Elves" quilt. This pattern is by Gail Pan Designs and is right up there in my list of favorite quilts ever!

Guess what? It won a second place ribbon!!
I was just tickled pink! :)

I also entered this lovely quilt, but it didn't win. That's okay though...I love love love this quilt and it's mine all mine! The judges gave me glowing comments, and I admit, it was nice to read what others thought of it too.
The quilt show was interesting and I'm happy I entered for the experience...but honestly, I'm not too concerned what a "judge" thinks of my quilts. I make the quilts that I make because I'm intrigued by a pattern, or more likely because I love the fabrics.... or simply because I.love.quilting. The only opinion that matters is mine and my only hope is the person receiving the quilt will love it too! :)

Happy Quilting!

10 comments:

  1. Michelle, good for you and congrats on the ribbon!! I agree with you though -- I don't enter my quilts in our guild's shows because I think they're all that -- but because those quilts are important to me, and I want to share that love for this art with others! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of your quilts are lovely, Michelle. It's always a pleasure to see you latest creations. Congrats on your ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love BOTH quilts! You did a beautiful job on them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe only one quilt got a ribbon. They are both so well done--the elves are awfully cute, though.
    I've been quilting for almost 25 years and I have yet to enter a quilt in a show. That isn't saying much, since I don't belong to a guild and none of the guilds in my area put on annual shows even if I did. : )
    I love your red/cream/blue quilt. Since you first shared it I have thoroughly enjoyed seeing it! It should get glowing comments from judges--and a ribbon!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your first quilt show entries... and on winning a 2nd place ribbon! What fun... some year, I'm gonna try that!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the ribbon! Now I really wish I made it to the show this last weekend (I'm a member of the Dover Guild). We had a big family get together on Saturday, and Sunday is out of the question.

    I completely agree with you though with how it doesn't really matter what the judges think of your quilt. It's all about you and if you like it, cause you made it after all.

    Maybe I'll have a few quilts to enter for the next time we do a show, and maybe the guts to enter them....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations Michelle! It is such a cute quilt and your other one deserves a ribbon also.
    Quilting by the River

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous5:42 PM

    Congrats! They both should have won!! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! Both your quilts are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh how wonderful! Both quilts are beautiful! You are a very talented quilter.
    Kristie

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!